Found 7th Dec 2008
Due a phone upgrade very soon, been looking at the G1 and would like to know if any of you lot have got one and if its any good?

Ive been using Sony Ericson phones for a while so this would be a bit of a change for me.

Or can anyone else recommend any good new phones around?

Thanks

16 Comments

omg my OH thinking same. On T- Mobile too as they offering 700 mins or 1400 texts or mix of both for \£30 a month with unlimited internet

He also looked at a blackberry or palm treo but not willing to pay £45 a month or more for a plan that would suit him

its abit big

my o2 xda ignito is brill

It's a good phone but the main draw back is that you have to slide the screen out every time you want to type (except to dial a number). This was a major drawback for me.

In terms of the web browser it's better than the iphone.

There is a lack of software, although what is available is free atm.

Me personally I'm waiting for more models to be release and more software. There are rumours that an on-screen keyboard is being planned, but only rumours.

If you want any more info just ask.

Oh I sold mine btw, back to a n95 for a while and awaiting the Nokia 5800.

Its AWESOME

Original Poster

aty;3687495

It's a good phone but the main draw back is that you have to slide the … It's a good phone but the main draw back is that you have to slide the screen out every time you want to type (except to dial a number). This was a major drawback for me.In terms of the web browser it's better than the iphone.There is a lack of software, although what is available is free atm.Me personally I'm waiting for more models to be release and more software. There are rumours that an on-screen keyboard is being planned, but only rumours.If you want any more info just ask.Oh I sold mine btw, back to a n95 for a while and awaiting the Nokia 5800.

Thanks for the input. Should I wait for something better?

Banned

HTC touch HD

OH got his yesterday as when he phoned up to see if they open ( said online they werent but im like its xmas "hello dear" to OH. Anyway he was informed today only ( yesterday) get a free pay and go handset for a new contract.
So off he trundled down town and came back with a lovely sony ericsson phone for me. Maybe not best phone in the world but i dont care its really small and really new as my samsumg is knackered

Anyway i told OH what been said on thread and he still got it and he loves it, so thats all that matters

Original Poster

DIVA1977;3695746

OH got his yesterday as when he phoned up to see if they open ( said … OH got his yesterday as when he phoned up to see if they open ( said online they werent but im like its xmas "hello dear" to OH. Anyway he was informed today only ( yesterday) get a free pay and go handset for a new contract. So off he trundled down town and came back with a lovely sony ericsson phone for me. Maybe not best phone in the world but i dont care its really small and really new as my samsumg is knackeredAnyway i told OH what been said on thread and he still got it and he loves it, so thats all that matters

Nice! So you got a free phone with the G1 too?

Original Poster

imranmaz;3692587

HTC touch HD

expensive!! :?

Banned

wonkey;3704512

expensive!! :?

you wont regret it....!

Apart from making calls what do you want to do with it ?

Best advice is to go into a T-Mobile store and have a very long play with it.

Original Poster

aty;3706348

Apart from making calls what do you want to do with it ?Best advice is to … Apart from making calls what do you want to do with it ?Best advice is to go into a T-Mobile store and have a very long play with it.

SPose just want a gadget! like the web, music and camera, oh and talking on it!

wonkey;3711337

SPose just want a gadget! like the web, music and camera, oh and talking … SPose just want a gadget! like the web, music and camera, oh and talking on it!

Just like me then, have to have a gadget and play.

Gone back to an iphone personally , just got rid of my N95.

Some info you might be interested in - Google are releasing a developers version that you can buy sim free so it works on all networks !

oss.itproportal.com/art…99/

Original Poster

aty;3716947

Just like me then, have to have a gadget and play.Gone back to an iphone … Just like me then, have to have a gadget and play.Gone back to an iphone personally , just got rid of my N95.Some info you might be interested in - Google are releasing a developers version that you can buy sim free so it works on all networks !http://oss.itproportal.com/articles/2008/12/08/google-sell-unlocked-developer-only-g1-android-smartphones-399/:)

Spot on. Cheers

wonkey;3723062

Spot on. Cheers

No problem, always happy to help.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whey protien636
    2. CEX grading33
    3. Switch from BT to BT same property different person633
    4. What are the prices of supermarket counter pizzas?44