Google home mini and internet slow downs

Posted 23rd Feb
After six months of poor internet speeds and leaving Vodafone to Three and 4 months of troubleshooting with three and 3 different routers, upgrading my local mast and hours of troubleshooting

It turns out all my slowdowns were due to 2 google home mini devices. Once switched off the speeds went to the expected >60mb/sec from sub 10mb/sec speeds
Both devices had uptodate firmwares but regardless they were the culprits.
I have not found any solutions to this issue apart from giving up on google home
Did anyone encounter such issues or knows of any viable solutions ?
3411498-JxlcZ.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
did you contact Google support, as you did not say this?
Have contacted them and got a generic reply saying update your router etc
Waiting for further communication
Never heard of anything like this, I have 1 Google mini, 1 nest mini, 1 Google home and 2 chromecasts. No issues with speed from virgin modem and Asus router. Have you tried each one individually to see if it's a faulty one ?
The only other suggestion I have is to try turning off ( if it isn't already ) the setting in the Google home app that reports usage stats, but not sure if that would help in any way.
pirate123/02/2020 11:45

Never heard of anything like this, I have 1 Google mini, 1 nest mini, 1 …Never heard of anything like this, I have 1 Google mini, 1 nest mini, 1 Google home and 2 chromecasts. No issues with speed from virgin modem and Asus router. Have you tried each one individually to see if it's a faulty one ?The only other suggestion I have is to try turning off ( if it isn't already ) the setting in the Google home app that reports usage stats, but not sure if that would help in any way.

I have two both causing the same issue when tested individually
I opted out from usage stats on activation
It seams that it is related to the chromecast software from what I can see on other forums
But no way to switch it off although I don't personally use it
I am hoping the fix is a simple router setting change or something
Still waitingnon Google's facebook support to come online again tomorrow
As I said this was supposed to have been fixed in 2018

cnet.com/how…fi/
Years ago my wireless was slow in a certain part of the house, found out the wireless mouse was causing it when the batteries were getting low. Times moved on since then but obviously not that much..
Have you tried on the preview program to see if an update there helps ?
pirate123/02/2020 16:52

Have you tried on the preview program to see if an update there helps ?

What is that ?
pirate123/02/2020 16:57

It's here, in the Home Settings[Image]

Thanks Will give it a go
Edited by: "mahmouddiaa" 23rd Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants