Google home now works with any Bluetooth speakers

Found 28th Mar
Google home now works with any Bluetooth speakers so you can have
Multi room speakers

https://www.blog.google/products/home/google-home-and-bluetooth-speakers-make-perfect-pair/
Community Updates
Misc
9 Comments
Moved to misc as a info post. Thanks
Be great if i could actually click the link
I found this out last week. Its works. Use a bluetooth transmitter to send the sound from my
desktop computer to Google Home mini.
shabbird1 h, 13 m ago

I found this out last week. Its works. Use a bluetooth transmitter to send …I found this out last week. Its works. Use a bluetooth transmitter to send the sound from my desktop computer to Google Home mini.

That's old hat this is new. You can now stream from your google home or mini to any BT speaker
https://www.blog.google/products/home/google-home-and-bluetooth-speakers-make-perfect-pair/

Here
I can imagine that having a lot of range issues across a whole house.
can you link multiple BT speakers together so music can be played around the house together? wonder how the chromecast audio fits in with the BT speakers? can you have a speaker set up where music can be played through the home/mini to both BT and CCA connected speakers together.
will it connect to my amazon echo?
I've been putting off an Echo/Home purchase, as I couldn't really justify it. Despite being a Prime subscriber, I bit the bullet today and bought a Home mini based on this announcement and the home calls feature. Suffice to say, I'm a tad disappointed and wishing I'd stayed on the fence a bit longer.
This feature seems to have been misrepresented on the Google blog. As far as I can tell, you can pair multiple Bluetooth speakers to your Home, but only output to one-per-Home. In addition, the Home itself is muted. I've got about ten Bluetooth speakers, and my understanding was I'd be able to output to all to create a multi-room system. In reality, it seems like you can simply replace your Home speakers with one Bluetooth alternative, which is a deal less impressive.
fivegoldstars10 m ago

I've been putting off an Echo/Home purchase, as I couldn't really justify …I've been putting off an Echo/Home purchase, as I couldn't really justify it. Despite being a Prime subscriber, I bit the bullet today and bought a Home mini based on this announcement and the home calls feature. Suffice to say, I'm a tad disappointed and wishing I'd stayed on the fence a bit longer.This feature seems to have been misrepresented on the Google blog. As far as I can tell, you can pair multiple Bluetooth speakers to your Home, but only output to one-per-Home. In addition, the Home itself is muted. I've got about ten Bluetooth speakers, and my understanding was I'd be able to output to all to create a multi-room system. In reality, it seems like you can simply replace your Home speakers with one Bluetooth alternative, which is a deal less impressive.

Unfortunately that's the case

According to Gizmodo: While you can pair multiple speakers to a single Google Home device, you can only output to one Bluetooth speaker at a time, which is a real buzzkill if you’ve got a pair you’d love to blast simultaneously.

Source: gizmodo.com/goo…194

I was a bit confused by the blog post myself - I thought this would be multi-room audio until I read the Gizmodo article.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants