Google home or Alexa

Posted 14th Oct
What’s the lowest price people have seen for these? I wanna get some but prices vary so much and change a lot
I’m wondering whether to hold out until Black Friday and see if they go cheaper or use the £20 google mini from Vodafone.....
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Life's too short to wait over a month to save a few quid. Treat yourself
Yeah what's a few quid when you're already paying through the nose with your loss of privacy.
Google Home/Mini seems far better at answering questions than the Echo, but only the Echo works with Audible of audiobooks are important to you.
terriclarkfan14/10/2019 12:06

Google Home/Mini seems far better at answering questions than the Echo, …Google Home/Mini seems far better at answering questions than the Echo, but only the Echo works with Audible of audiobooks are important to you.

Google Play Audiobooks are also supported on Google Home if a library which would be useful if audiobooks haven't already been purchased through audible
If you have Prime membership definitely Echo, if not definitely Google Home
Sound wise the dot is streets ahead of the mini and then it’s down to preference. We have dots and a mini but mini doesn’t get used.
I've got both, my dot has much better sound so I use it a little more for music but alexa is garbage as an assistant. The voice recognition is worse and it doesn't have anywhere near the resources Google does. My ghm can get me cinema times, public transport, driving, shop opening times. Alexa just whines she doesn't know.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 14th Oct
I have given away my Echo stuff and changed to Google Home due to how bad 'Alexa' was at voice controls on my smart tech . Stopped working all together with my Logitech Harmony Hub. Remember you can get Google Home App for your android phone and control your smart devises with that.
In terms of voice assistant Google home every day of the week. I had both as I wanted to compare. After 24hours the alexa was unplugged and has been in a cupboard ever since
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants