Google maps now displaying speed limit for road you are travelling on.

Posted 5th Feb
Google introduced a speedometer a year or so ago, but the latest update now displays the speed limit of where you are travelling also, letting you know if you are going over the limit.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

12 Comments
That’s brilliant! A need update my app thanks
That's handy too many times I'm not sure what the speed limit it
This has been a thing for many years on other apps. Didn't realise Google didn't have it. Beware that it's correct though, the main road where I live used to be 40, but changed to 30 about 12 years ago or so. My wife's car GPS reports it as a 40 still, and the car was only made 5 years ago.
Dont worry in 2 years I think it is, car will have built in spped limiters.
They read speed signs and gps.
Driving down the motoway at 70mph and exit is 30 mph and car reads the wrong sign and slams on the breaks.
That will be fun.

telegraph.co.uk/new…rs/
Finally👏 I prefer using google maps to apple maps but was annoying that it didn’t display the speed zone when unsure of speed limit...this makes me happy😁
Nice! Now I can use google maps instead of waze, most of the times.
bigwheels05/02/2020 09:31

Dont worry in 2 years I think it is, car will have built in spped …Dont worry in 2 years I think it is, car will have built in spped limiters.They read speed signs and gps.Driving down the motoway at 70mph and exit is 30 mph and car reads the wrong sign and slams on the breaks.That will be fun.https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/03/26/every-new-car-built-may-2022-must-capable-housing-in-built-breathalysers/

Aren’t exits national speed same as the motorway and don’t have any signage?
arjanvirdi05/02/2020 09:38

Nice! Now I can use google maps instead of waze, most of the times.

Google still doesn't let you choice the shortest route, sometimes I prefer save the petrol money and take 5 minutes extra, if I'm not in a rush

Waze has the option Google doesn't
This is weird, I got the limit notifications now but I haven't updated maps yesterday (and I have turned off auto updates)
I noticed this the other day, love the feature!
Waze has had this for a while, and Google own Waze. Strange why they didn’t implement this sooner!
Gumbon05/02/2020 11:08

Google still doesn't let you choice the shortest route, sometimes I prefer …Google still doesn't let you choice the shortest route, sometimes I prefer save the petrol money and take 5 minutes extra, if I'm not in a rush Waze has the option Google doesn't

of course you can choose shortest route. its on the map, the blue line being the current option, but you can choose other routes, some of which are longer.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants