Google maps on Plusnet

Found 21st Oct 2017
Hey all.

I was with the 3 network previously for over 5 years, however last month I switched to Plusnet as they were offering a better deal.

I use my Google maps as navigation quite alot especially in central London. recently I'm.having to travel there even more to pick up Mrs from work. Since switching over to Plusnets 5GB '4G' data. I've noticed that the navigation does not work properly. basically, the map just zooms out (map view) and quite often doesn't load turn by turn. It's really unrealible.

I've now cancelled my 30 day contract and resigned up with three.

Do you think there are any setting I'm missing? I doubt it because I've used Google maps for years without any issues.

Thank guys.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Have you checked the coverage map? Plusnet uses EE, so there could just be too many users logged on to give you enough bandwidth?
Original Poster
steve122126 m ago

Have you checked the coverage map? Plusnet uses EE, so there could just …Have you checked the coverage map? Plusnet uses EE, so there could just be too many users logged on to give you enough bandwidth?

Hi Steve. This is exactly what I don't want to do. As I've never had this issue while with 3 or EE. Service should be as standard. I received better speed on navigation when I used 3G, let alone the 4G.
Sounds like a phone problem to me. Did you try a factory reset. Any funny business with phone that's what I do especially if I changed network
It must be something in settings? I'm with plusnet and use Google maps as a sat nav regularly, it works perfectly.
Original Poster
Hi guys. I've now received my three SIM and navigation works properly. Exchanged SIM to try Plusnets again, and same issue. Identified the problem being the compasses on the right hand only stays as 'North', on the three I am able to change that.
Original Poster
You're right guys. It's not the sim. Having same issue again. Though navigation works with other apps. Strange.
Original Poster
Just found out it's an issue with Google and their recent updates
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions