Google Mini: Help please

Posted 28th Dec 2019
Do we need to change wiring etc of the home for different colour and dimming lights/colours or a smart bulb will do?

I got a Sharp Aquous TV which cost about 199.
Will I have to buy chromecast to use google mini to turn it on /off as google is not picking that TV by default. It does my neighbor's tv which are Samsung etc
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
Your tv is a Sharp, says it all really
Arto28/12/2019 23:51

Your tv is a Sharp, says it all really

What does that mean?
Haircut_10028/12/2019 23:53

What does that mean?

Sharp sucks, it’s picking up your neighbours Samsung TV because it has a lot more capabilities
Arto28/12/2019 23:57

Sharp sucks, it’s picking up your neighbours Samsung TV because it has a l …Sharp sucks, it’s picking up your neighbours Samsung TV because it has a lot more capabilities

I don't think that is what the OP is saying. I think he is just giving an example of his neighbour having a Google Mini connected to their Samsung tv. But seriously though, why bother posting on this thread if you aren't interested in helping them and only want have a cheap dig at their choice of TV set? I'm suprised you didn't post one of your Kodi screenshots here.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 29th Dec 2019
For your TV, please see the link below. The comment above mean your TV is not as good as a Samsung. with regards to bulb changing colours/dimming, you've got a few options. One is to buy bulbs that come with a hub. Such as Sengled, but I am not sure if they do coloured bulbs, they do dimming. Another option is, if you have any Alexa enabled devices (will probably work with Google too) you can buy smart bulbs such as Novostella and link and control them with Alexa (no hub required). Another option is to buy a smart device with built in hub. Such as Echo Plus, Echo Show, etc. Sorry, I only 'speak' Alexa, as these are the devices I have in my house, but my comments should apply to Google too. Finally, if you want to spend more and have features, buy a separate Samsung Smartthings, Philips Hue, Hive, Ikea, etc.

lifewire.com/con…592
Edited by: "sheffield788" 29th Dec 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions