Google Music Alternative

Posted 6th Jun
Is there alternative android app you can recommend other than YouTube?

My requirements are the following:
Android compatible
Ability to upload MP3 using PC/Laptop
Create playlists
Listen to mp3s on phone
Preferably good amount of storage (few gb's)

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
23 Comments
Your requirements list reads like a hardware requirement rather than an app - storage space, upload, etc is about your phone.

I use Poweramp (paid version) to manage the music on my phone.
Apple Music is really good on Android funnily enough. You can sync with your computer too
as said above, not sure what you mean about an app. you can load music to your phone or tablet and just use the built in music player?
mutley106/06/2020 15:58

as said above, not sure what you mean about an app. you can load music to …as said above, not sure what you mean about an app. you can load music to your phone or tablet and just use the built in music player?

Google Play Music provides online storage that syncs with a desktop library, then can be accessed and streamed via a website or mobile app.
bozo00706/06/2020 15:48

Your requirements list reads like a hardware requirement rather than an …Your requirements list reads like a hardware requirement rather than an app - storage space, upload, etc is about your phone.I use Poweramp (paid version) to manage the music on my phone.

The Op's feature list are all valid requirements for a cloud based music player to replace Google Music.

Google Music allows you to upload your own library of purchased/ripped music and either sync to device for offline playback or stream via a data connection.

Sadly now the majority are using Spotify and Apple Music this functionality is no longer used by many.

I used to do the same as the OP with google Music but to be honest Spotify is so cheap if you share a family plan with friends and the library is so large I too have moved to Spotify now.
Edited by: "Uridium" 6th Jun
mutley106/06/2020 15:58

as said above, not sure what you mean about an app. you can load music to …as said above, not sure what you mean about an app. you can load music to your phone or tablet and just use the built in music player?

My phone has limited storage so I rather upload it the apps online storage facility.
Uridium06/06/2020 16:51

The Op's feature list are all valid requirements for a cloud based music …The Op's feature list are all valid requirements for a cloud based music player to replace Google Music.Google Music allows you to upload your own library of purchased/ripped music and either sync to device for offline playback or stream via a data connection.Sadly now the majority are using Spotify and Apple Music this functionality is no longer used by many.I used to do the same as the OP with google Music but to be honest Spotify is so cheap if you share a family plan with friends and the library is so large I too have moved to Spotify now.

Thanks man. You get my point.

Now without an alternative I'm not sure what I'm going to do now
NAJ2206/06/2020 15:56

Apple Music is really good on Android funnily enough. You can sync with …Apple Music is really good on Android funnily enough. You can sync with your computer too

Oh no, I'm so anti apple (sorry)
rimalpatel00706/06/2020 16:59

Thanks man. You get my point. Now without an alternative I'm not sure what …Thanks man. You get my point. Now without an alternative I'm not sure what I'm going to do now

Have you tried Cloudplayer by Doubletwist?

play.google.com/sto…_GB

cloud streaming is a paid premium feature but its a one time cost upgrade of £8.99 I believe

As I mentioned before I use to use Google Music much like you do, to be honest now though I find Spotify does everything I need and when shared with Friends/Family a group plan costs £2.50 per month each....
Edited by: "Uridium" 6th Jun
rimalpatel00706/06/2020 16:59

Thanks man. You get my point. Now without an alternative I'm not sure what …Thanks man. You get my point. Now without an alternative I'm not sure what I'm going to do now

Do you have a microSD storage slot? I'm likely going to fall back on manually copying music to microSD and using that, though it's definitely not ideal.
Illusionary06/06/2020 17:05

Do you have a microSD storage slot? I'm likely going to fall back on …Do you have a microSD storage slot? I'm likely going to fall back on manually copying music to microSD and using that, though it's definitely not ideal.

No, pixel 3a.
Have only 40% free rather not transfer over 100 tracks which is about 1.2gb.
Spotify can't go wrong. Can do everything u ask and so much more.
Edited by: "Smart_Shed" 6th Jun
deleted250841406/06/2020 18:03

Spotify can't go wrong. Can do everything u ask and so much more.

Cool. Is there a fee for my needs?
Edited by: "rimalpatel007" 6th Jun
rimalpatel00706/06/2020 17:21

No, pixel 3a. Have only 40% free rather not transfer over 100 tracks which …No, pixel 3a. Have only 40% free rather not transfer over 100 tracks which is about 1.2gb.

Micro SD card plugged through a reader into the USB port? Under £10 for the combo but you will then need to use a wireless headset.
rimalpatel00706/06/2020 18:09

Cool. Is there a fee for my needs?

Yeh but its awesome, u can blag it cheap on ebay
Illusionary06/06/2020 16:37

Google Play Music provides online storage that syncs with a desktop …Google Play Music provides online storage that syncs with a desktop library, then can be accessed and streamed via a website or mobile app.

didn't know it could do this. i see what the OP means now.
YouTube Music also supports uploading songs.
bozo00706/06/2020 18:55

Micro SD card plugged through a reader into the USB port? Under £10 for …Micro SD card plugged through a reader into the USB port? Under £10 for the combo but you will then need to use a wireless headset.

Wouldn't work when I'm driving. Need the port free to charge my phone.
Illusionary06/06/2020 16:37

Google Play Music provides online storage that syncs with a desktop …Google Play Music provides online storage that syncs with a desktop library, then can be accessed and streamed via a website or mobile app.

Run Plex for movies and have music on it too?
Google drive
Gumbon07/06/2020 10:15

Google drive

Works for only half the requirements
Post a comment
@
    Text