Google my business

Posted 10th Nov
  • I have a taxi and I'm registered on Google ,up until 2 weeks ago I was placed accordingly where I live .but since then it's flopped way down in placement it seems it happened when my web page went live someone told me it could be until my web page initialization on the web and would sort itself out or should I just call Google Tia
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

10 Comments
Google will rank you low, they want you to pay for ads. Not a bad idea to pay for AdWords, you only pay per click.
What's your webpage URL?
It will be to do with your SEO on your website. You get a rating on your site for the seo red been bad amber been ok and green being the best. You need to try and make every page on the site green to maximize where you are in the searches. If you had no say in the website or aren't sure have a word with your web developer. A lot of them charge extra for good seo
Not got anything helpful to add sorry

but oh my how it is all making sense now
Wongy11010/11/2019 19:43

Not got anything helpful to add sorry but oh my how it is all making sense …Not got anything helpful to add sorry but oh my how it is all making sense now

I'm curious
Anyone got any experience on pay per click .Google are offering an £80 credit
kracker6911/11/2019 17:57

Anyone got any experience on pay per click .Google are offering an £80 …Anyone got any experience on pay per click .Google are offering an £80 credit

I haven't used it personally but the model is pretty simple. You set keywords and if someone searches for those keywords in your area then your listing appears first.

If you set the keyword 'taxi' then someone searches for 'taxi' in your area (Google automatically knows from location data of user) then it will show up. If they click your listing you are charged up to a maximum cap which you can set. You could also set it up so the search results appear nationally but that's up to you.

Search results appear in Google Maps, search, etc.
Edited by: "jamie15" 11th Nov
jamie1511/11/2019 18:22

I haven't used it personally but the model is pretty simple. You set …I haven't used it personally but the model is pretty simple. You set keywords and if someone searches for those keywords in your area then your listing appears first.If you set the keyword 'taxi' then someone searches for 'taxi' in your area (Google automatically knows from location data of user) then it will show up. If they click your listing you are charged up to a maximum cap which you can set. You could also set it up so the search results appear nationally but that's up to you.Search results appear in Google Maps, search, etc.

I hate PPC. Spent so much money and never could get it to work. It only seems to work for big companies with big marketing budgets. SEO all the way.
LauraBargain201711/11/2019 20:45

I hate PPC. Spent so much money and never could get it to work. It only …I hate PPC. Spent so much money and never could get it to work. It only seems to work for big companies with big marketing budgets. SEO all the way.

SEO takes time though. Of course it is very important but implementing PPC first before improving SEO is a good idea. Once you organically rank high there is no need to pay.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants