Google Nest Hub Max - £219.99 @ Argos (Free C&C)

Posted 7th Sep 2019
Available on Monday 9th of September.

I know this may not be a deal but if you are like me you've been waiting for this long enough and I saw this on Argos even though on Google's main site still says join waiting list.

I hope that helps someone anyway.
Community Updates

Groups

13 Comments
I think this is going to be the RRP. Cheers for the heads-up
Hopefully this will be my Christmas present to myself!
Unless have other Nest products or belong to Nest family ,😁 , just waste of money. Amazon Echo with controller failed as well due to cost . Already have Google home hubs bought for only £80 from Argos On eBay. Only difference, Nest controller inside for more than double the cost.
Edited by: "sam_of_london" 8th Sep 2019
Have been waiting for this. I think if you look deeply it offers a lot more than Google home hub and is okay for the price
Wish I could justify this, but I'm Googled up to the eyeballs.
What does it do different to the Hub which I have with screen?
nwressell07/09/2019 22:04

Looks like this one has a camera? The normal hub does not. So I guess this can do video calling at least.
nwressell07/09/2019 22:04

Allow the folk at Google to analyse your rumpty tumpty technique as well as your speach pattern...
Edited by: "slimjimjim80" 8th Sep 2019
I have seen it at John Lewis today but couldn't buy it/no price displayed. Looks significantly bigger than the previous version, but I guess the sound will be much better too.
Not clear if using the camera for security is free of charge or requires a Nest subscription...
Sorry not a deal

The home/nest hub original for £67 (as was posted early this week) was a deal.

No way I can justify paying 3.3x more for the differences: slightly better speakers, 10" instead of 7", and camera with no privacy shutter (big no no)
Edited by: "robodan918" 8th Sep 2019
sam_of_london07/09/2019 19:49

Only difference, Nest controller inside for more than double the cost.

That's false. The Nest Hub Max has a larger screen, better sound quality and the addition of a camera when compared to the Home (now renamed Nest) Hub.
robodan91808/09/2019 08:17

Sorry not a dealThe home/nest hub original for £67 (as was posted early …Sorry not a dealThe home/nest hub original for £67 (as was posted early this week) was a deal. No way I can justify paying 3.3x more for the differences: slightly better speakers, 10" instead of 7", and camera with no privacy shutter (big no no)

The camera and mic can be manually switched off for privacy. This can’t be compared to the hub imo and if you already have nest in the home it’s a great idea
mattybayston08/09/2019 09:19

The camera and mic can be manually switched off for privacy. This can’t be …The camera and mic can be manually switched off for privacy. This can’t be compared to the hub imo and if you already have nest in the home it’s a great idea

I'm looking forward to eventually getting one (have too many Google homes already!) mainly to use as a Nest cam and for Duo calling!

Google Assistant this week gets the ability to launch WhatsApp video calling on mobile so I'm hoping that also at some point comes to smart displays!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants