Google Nexus 4 or Moto G

8 replies
Found 31st Dec 2015
Really appreciate advice.

Offered a Nexus 4 for £80 (v.good condition...trying to establish age)

Been looking at Moto G for about £120

It's for my mom (late Xmas present). Obv Nexus 4 is better spec, but moto will be brand new...better cover etc.

What do you guys think?

8 Comments

nexus 4. as you say its better spec and for 2/3 the price. I have the n4 and its a great phone

Which moto g
1st gen, 2014 with 4g or 2nd gen 3g with dual sim and 5" screen and 8mp camera

Depends what you're comparing

lotta Americans on here today

If it's the 8mp camera one then do that. Brand new. Great spec and performance. Will your mum utilise the difference between the 2? Doubt it.

Moto G will have better battery life I would imagine as well with the sd400

Original Poster

doncoop

If it's the 8mp camera one then do that. Brand new. Great spec and … If it's the 8mp camera one then do that. Brand new. Great spec and performance. Will your mum utilise the difference between the 2? Doubt it. Moto G will have better battery life I would imagine as well with the sd400

mrwhitelabel

Which moto g1st gen, 2014 with 4g or 2nd gen 3g with dual sim and 5" … Which moto g1st gen, 2014 with 4g or 2nd gen 3g with dual sim and 5" screen and 8mp cameraDepends what you're comparing

I'd be looking around the £100-110 price...so probably the 16gb. Wouldn't be newer model (bigger screen with 8mp camera)

It's better spec but 2nd hand vs brand new (or thereabouts) with lesser specs.

AL1S0N

lotta Americans on here today

Eh?

Get the new moto g. I have both these phones and the moto g will be fine. The battery life is terrible on the nexus 4 and you've no idea how it's been treated. The charging port could be wearing out for example. I normally have no problem buying second hand but with mobiles I always prefer to buy new.

doncoop

If it's the 8mp camera one then do that. Brand new. Great spec and … If it's the 8mp camera one then do that. Brand new. Great spec and performance. Will your mum utilise the difference between the 2? Doubt it. Moto G will have better battery life I would imagine as well with the sd400

mrwhitelabel

Which moto g1st gen, 2014 with 4g or 2nd gen 3g with dual sim and 5" … Which moto g1st gen, 2014 with 4g or 2nd gen 3g with dual sim and 5" screen and 8mp cameraDepends what you're comparing

True it has lesser specs. But speaking from a personal view how much difference in day to day usage would there be? I certainly know my mum wouldn't know the difference!

New phone means warranty which is also important.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition72793
    2. Win Google Pixel 2 or a Google Pixel 2 XL11
    3. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…66
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines54

See more discussions