Google owes you: Class action claim from iphone users against google (potentially £750 free moeny)

Found 22nd May
Did not read anything about it here on hotukdeals, so hopefully valuable information for some here:

youoweus.co.uk/

We believe that between 1 June 2011 and 15 February 2012,

Google took millions of iPhone users’ internet browsing data illegally.

We believe Google took our data by bypassing default privacy settings on

the iPhone Safari browser which existed to protect our data, allowing

it to collect browsing data without our consent. This was referred to in

court proceedings as “the Safari Workaround”. We believe that it was

against the law and was wrong.

We are taking Google to court for its actions, because we believe

that Google owes us trust, fairness and money. We want to make sure that

Google face the consequences for breaching both our trust and the law.

If successful, those affected by Google’s actions and who qualify will

get the compensation they are owed. You will be able to sign up to

receive this once the case has been won.

This claim covers residents of England and Wales between 2011-2012,

who meet the qualifying criteria in Q4, of the Top 10 questions.

More information on the webpage
Community Updates
7 Comments
Scotland?
time for vacation boys
Moved from Deals to MISC as info / discussion, thanks @Buckyball
Paul53412 m ago

Scotland?

Doesn't apply to us by the sounds of it.
As I read the Google legal position in response, they do not actually deny they did it. What do they not deny? I hear you ask.

Intentionally obtain iPhone users data by a means (Safari workaround) that confirms they knew they had no right to it.

And then using that data (inc race, physical and mental heath, political leanings, sexuality, social class, financial, shopping habits, location) plus other data to profile people for the purpose of selling (directly or indirectly) the data.

Google's preferred defence is to challenge the right of “ .............a single person to co-opt the data protection rights of millions of individuals ...............".

There are times when we do need to go back to good old fashioned common sense hanging so that people like our new techno lords and masters understand the limitations on what is acceptable behaviour! If we can't hang'em, perhaps we can simply get out the trusty rusty hacksaw.

And let us not forget that, a la News International defence, '.....these events happened 6 years ago and were dealt with at the time....' according to the defendant.

Nasty, nasty company
Can I please take you to court for making me read the most lazy un-formatted post I've ever seen on this site?
ccnp22nd May

As I read the Google legal position in response, they do not actually deny …As I read the Google legal position in response, they do not actually deny they did it. What do they not deny? I hear you ask. Intentionally obtain iPhone users data by a means (Safari workaround) that confirms they knew they had no right to it. And then using that data (inc race, physical and mental heath, political leanings, sexuality, social class, financial, shopping habits, location) plus other data to profile people for the purpose of selling (directly or indirectly) the data.Google's preferred defence is to challenge the right of “ .............a single person to co-opt the data protection rights of millions of individuals ...............". There are times when we do need to go back to good old fashioned common sense hanging so that people like our new techno lords and masters understand the limitations on what is acceptable behaviour! If we can't hang'em, perhaps we can simply get out the trusty rusty hacksaw.And let us not forget that, a la News International defence, '.....these events happened 6 years ago and were dealt with at the time....' according to the defendant. Nasty, nasty company

They make nice things tho..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants