GOOGLE PAGE 1

Found 4th Dec 2017
I know this is a strange request but here goes.
I have spent hours looking for a really good company (I think they are called SEO )companies to get my website on page 1 of google.
When I finally found one with loads of positive online reviews I then found out they were fined for making the reviews themselves that company was called total seo.
Am I missing something here I mean shouldn`t an online company have loads of google reviews etc
Or is it as some people have suggested a waste of money??
I mean how do you get to page 1 on google???
Thanks for any help much appreciated
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
You get to page 1 by paying for advertising money TO google. Apart from that it's based (afaik) on links in, out, clicks to your site, relevant content (rather than random keywords) and loads of stuff like that. So basically pay or be popular. Pretty sure google nerfed most of the traditional SEO stuff.
I hold Google and other qualifications. No company can get your site first place on Google. Just think of the logic of it, the top pages would change every few moments as these tactics are sold to others.

You are not understand SEO - in fact the only people who understand google are google. That's because it's a money making machine for them. But I can give you some points;

First if you site is setup make sure you don't try any of the tricks with external or on page links or reviews.

Next determine your client, who is coming to your site and what are they coming for, where they might be coming from. Using that information create a list of words & phases these people use to find what they are looking for. Make these are included on your page, in title and page names. Include on the page subsections relating to the same topics. For example if your page was about Rover The Dog you might include short articles about vets or dog friendly pubs.
Make sure you are using decent hosting and not free services.
Maintain 75% text 25% images
But 90% if having what people are looking for and spreading the word via Twitter and facebook and other social media services.
Do not fall for these SEO companies, do you own research, look at your competitors and if they place higher then you work out why. It's not rocket science because that can be learned :-)
Thanks Shengis So are you saying the SEO companies are a waste of time and money?
I get mixed answers from people
Shengis6 m ago

You get to page 1 by paying for advertising money TO google. Apart from …You get to page 1 by paying for advertising money TO google. Apart from that it's based (afaik) on links in, out, clicks to your site, relevant content (rather than random keywords) and loads of stuff like that. So basically pay or be popular. Pretty sure google nerfed most of the traditional SEO stuff.

Absolutely, except for the keywords part. Yes meta words are pointless but for example if you keep a keen eye on popular phases of the period you can include those as page titles and shoot up the search while people are still using the phase. It's knowing your topic and being the first to talk about it.
Shengis12 m ago

You get to page 1 by paying for advertising money TO google. Apart from …You get to page 1 by paying for advertising money TO google. Apart from that it's based (afaik) on links in, out, clicks to your site, relevant content (rather than random keywords) and loads of stuff like that. So basically pay or be popular. Pretty sure google nerfed most of the traditional SEO stuff.

"You get to page 1 by paying for advertising money TO google"

Not necersseraly..... My pages have been on page 1 and usually at the top for years and I have never paid a penny to anyone.
steve.t12 m ago

"You get to page 1 by paying for advertising money TO google"Not …"You get to page 1 by paying for advertising money TO google"Not necersseraly..... My pages have been on page 1 and usually at the top for years and I have never paid a penny to anyone.

Do I want to ask you the subject matter though, I'm guessing its quite 'unique'
Shengis20 m ago

Do I want to ask you the subject matter though, I'm guessing its quite …Do I want to ask you the subject matter though, I'm guessing its quite 'unique'

Nothing exciting.... but using the 2 words you would use to find I am at this moment 3rd of 538,000 results (not many I know) .... but that's 537,997 below me and 4th using 3 words of 1,060,000 results

The posters site could be a unique, not normally searched for page(s)
Edited by: "steve.t" 4th Dec 2017
To some extent targeting Google is irreverent, I gave up after years simply because Google change the goal posts. I had sites that where top for things like "alternative to ebay", I had a site that was top for "football memorabilia" but each time they made a change my site traffic plummeted. I no longer have those site and just concentrate on social media. It's much more targeted traffic and twitter gets me 4,000 visitors a month easy.
there are a number of ways to get to the front page, but generally any company that promises to get you to the front page guaranteed will end up doing it for a very arcane term
e.g. if you're a hairdresser, they'll get you to front page for the search term 'merseyside pensioner discount fringe trim wednesday'
google don't publish how they rank pages, so a lot of it is second guessing. there have been major overhauls because people (SEO companies) manipulate the system and artificially boost pages. it constantly changes so often you'll need to contract someone for regular updates to stay ahead of the curve e.g. starting at £200-£500 a month for all eternity
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants