Google Pay Balance top up/partial payment

Posted 19th Nov
hey guys

i have £5 Google pay balance and wanted to use it to pay for part of an app/game which cost £8

is there a way i can do 2 payments in 1 transaction so £3 comes off my card and £5 google pay balance gets used up? when im trying to do it, it doesn't let me select the balance.

if i cant do partial payments is there anyway i can top up my account by £3 using my phone instead of buying a gift card?

thanks!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
As long as you have another payent method on there, choose the Play balance as default then it will top up the rest using the second method (card/paypal whatever) as far as I am aware.
SaltyExpert19/11/2019 21:59

As long as you have another payent method on there, choose the Play …As long as you have another payent method on there, choose the Play balance as default then it will top up the rest using the second method (card/paypal whatever) as far as I am aware.

Ill give that a go thanks
5haks19/11/2019 22:11

Ill give that a go thanks

I should have added a disclaimer
SaltyExpert19/11/2019 21:59

As long as you have another payent method on there, choose the Play …As long as you have another payent method on there, choose the Play balance as default then it will top up the rest using the second method (card/paypal whatever) as far as I am aware.

I just tried doing this and it took a full payment and didnt give me the option of using my google pay balance

Edit- had to get a refund straight away!
Edited by: "5haks" 19th Nov
5haks19/11/2019 22:12

I just tried doing this and it took a full payment and didnt give me the …I just tried doing this and it took a full payment and didnt give me the option of using my google pay balance

You were supposed to check the payment method before clicking buy

Should be able to get a refund though straight away

Edit, you got a refund!

Now try again checking the payment option first lol.
Edited by: "SaltyExpert" 19th Nov
SaltyExpert19/11/2019 22:13

You were supposed to check the payment method before clicking buy …You were supposed to check the payment method before clicking buy Should be able to get a refund though straight awayEdit, you got a refund!Now try again checking the payment option first lol.

I did check the payment option,hence the reason for this post. It just doesn't allow me to select my google pay balance. Ive done this previously where i made a partial payment but it just doesn't work?!
5haks19/11/2019 22:26

I did check the payment option,hence the reason for this post. It just …I did check the payment option,hence the reason for this post. It just doesn't allow me to select my google pay balance. Ive done this previously where i made a partial payment but it just doesn't work?!

Ah, sorry. Just checked mine on a £8.99 purchase, it says it will use my £3.69 Play balance then take the rest from my card.
Only thing I can check is when I am on the purchase screen if I press the arrow in the payment bit just under the price to pay, it takes me to payment methods and Play balance is switched on.

Odd yours does not have it
Edited by: "SaltyExpert" 19th Nov
SaltyExpert19/11/2019 22:32

Ah, sorry. Just checked mine on a £8.99 purchase, it says it will use my …Ah, sorry. Just checked mine on a £8.99 purchase, it says it will use my £3.69 Play balance then take the rest from my card. Only thing I can check is when I am on the purchase screen if I press the arrow in the payment bit just under the price to pay, it tkes me to payment methods and Ply balance is switched on. Odd yours does not have it

Im trying to download football manager too for 8.99 and just doesnt allow me to click on my £6.30 google play balance plus the £1 promo

Edit -just realised it wasnt letting me use my 6.30 as i was trying to use the £1 promo with it! Looks like i lost my £1 promo balance but can use by other balance now
Edited by: "5haks" 19th Nov
Result then! Hope you enjoy it
It depends on the content you are purchasing I believe, sometimes you can pay with split payment methods and sometimes you can't. Also, as far as I know you can not use split payment for subscriptions
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions