Expired

google photos keeps installing again after disabled it

Posted 26th Mar
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Installing where?
ive deleted the updates for it and disable it but it keeps poping back up om app menu icon. also ive removed every thing i can from it
Edited by: "kevlfc" 26th Mar
Is it installing from Google play? Maybe there you have automatic updates on?
Auto syncing to your Google account, backups etc..
If you are talking about an android phone, then in many cases Google Photos is a "stock app" and as such can be very difficult, if not impossible to delete. Why do you want to delete it? Unless you take a photo with your phone there are no photos on your phone - they are all in the google cloud and I'm sure your phone is fully security protected?
i use a different app for pictures and dont want the google app
no auto update is off
Search the XDA Developers website for "Bloatware Removal".
There should be a few threads telling you how to remove any app from your Android device.

The thread I last used for app removal was in the S9/S9+ section, but it's not there any more.
I think the person who started the thread has "moved" to a S10, so it should be in that section.

Basically, you download some software to your PC, connect your device and run the software and enter text into the software, for the apps you want to remove. It shouldn't matter what Android device you have, the procedure should be the same.
Just read the comments in the posts, to get an idea what to do. I've forgotten what to do.
Derek_Fortescue_Shatwell26/03/2020 15:27

Search the XDA Developers website for "Bloatware Removal".There should be …Search the XDA Developers website for "Bloatware Removal".There should be a few threads telling you how to remove any app from your Android device.The thread I last used for app removal was in the S9/S9+ section, but it's not there any more.I think the person who started the thread has "moved" to a S10, so it should be in that section.Basically, you download some software to your PC, connect your device and run the software and enter text into the software, for the apps you want to remove. It shouldn't matter what Android device you have, the procedure should be the same.Just read the comments in the posts, to get an idea what to do. I've forgotten what to do.

thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants