Google Pixel 2 XL

Posted 6th Oct
Hi all!

Recently I had started to have some problems with my Google Pixel 2XL.
I contacted Google in order to send it to be repaired or replaced ( however they decide )
But apparently I need a proof of purchase in order to get my phone sorted out...
But my GP 2 XL was purchased from eBay and the initial seller doesn't have the invoice/receipt of it anymore.
Is is normal for them to ignore my request although the phone is still under warranty until next year in August?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
@MrSwitch Any help Mr..?
danflorin306/10/2019 18:37

@MrSwitch Any help Mr..?

They didn't ask me when I got a replacement a while ago, it's weird they are asking for proof of purchase, can you not contact them again in the hope that this time they don't ask?

Have you tried the chat facility on the phone?
I bought a used Nexus 5 off eBay 2014. After 3 months there was a problem with the handset. I contacted Google and they said I had to get the original owner of the phone and transfer ownership of the phone to me. Once that was done (I had to send Google my details, and get the seller to send Google their details), they sent out a replacement phone to me with a new 2 year warranty.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 6th Oct
MrSwitch06/10/2019 19:11

They didn't ask me when I got a replacement a while ago, it's weird they …They didn't ask me when I got a replacement a while ago, it's weird they are asking for proof of purchase, can you not contact them again in the hope that this time they don't ask? Have you tried the chat facility on the phone?

I used chat option...they said the IMEI is correct but " is something wrong whiclth the device and can't get to the end of it " ( or something like that ) so that's why they need proof of initial purchase
danflorin306/10/2019 20:39

I used chat option...they said the IMEI is correct but " is something …I used chat option...they said the IMEI is correct but " is something wrong whiclth the device and can't get to the end of it " ( or something like that ) so that's why they need proof of initial purchase

I'd honestly speak to someone else mate.
MrSwitch06/10/2019 20:56

I'd honestly speak to someone else mate.

Was a lady Sarah, spoke with her via chat, after via email...this evening was another guy via email..

I will give another shot tomorrow...
MrSwitch06/10/2019 19:11

They didn't ask me when I got a replacement a while ago, it's weird they …They didn't ask me when I got a replacement a while ago, it's weird they are asking for proof of purchase, can you not contact them again in the hope that this time they don't ask? Have you tried the chat facility on the phone?

I agree, I have had expierence doing this with google and it can be hit or miss with reps so I would suggest trying on diffrent occasions till you get lucky IMO, maybe use diffrent google account in case they pickup previous chats... (might need to reset phone before doing this as they can see if its activating on x email ect.
Good luck, Google RMA proccess is fairly flexible and I feel when you send it off it goes straight to china and noone checks if its damaged
What's the problem anyway? I use a Pixel 2 XL daily and I have many many problems. The right side of portrait pictures aren't blurred, this never used to happen on my previous Pixel 2 XL but it's definitely a bug on this one. The phone continuously crashes and lags when switching apps and opening/close them. In general the lag is seriously getting to me, it's disgustingly bad. I might jump onto the 4 when it comes out, but for now I'll probably go for the ROG Phone 2.
sAmeri07/10/2019 00:50

What's the problem anyway? I use a Pixel 2 XL daily and I have many many …What's the problem anyway? I use a Pixel 2 XL daily and I have many many problems. The right side of portrait pictures aren't blurred, this never used to happen on my previous Pixel 2 XL but it's definitely a bug on this one. The phone continuously crashes and lags when switching apps and opening/close them. In general the lag is seriously getting to me, it's disgustingly bad. I might jump onto the 4 when it comes out, but for now I'll probably go for the ROG Phone 2.

Android 10 ruined my pixel 1

I knew I shouldn't of updated
danflorin306/10/2019 21:09

Was a lady Sarah, spoke with her via chat, after via email...this evening …Was a lady Sarah, spoke with her via chat, after via email...this evening was another guy via email..I will give another shot tomorrow...

They probably left a note on the account for the next agent to read when you go on next chat
Gumbon07/10/2019 10:04

Android 10 ruined my pixel 1 I knew I shouldn't of updated

Android 10 ruined my 2 XL as well. My phone has been super laggy ever since I updated. And by laggy, I mean seriously laggy. My phone will completely stop responding for 10 seconds every few minutes of use.
The answer I had received from Google....

38627440-FHYAC.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants