Google pixel or Huawei p10

Found 18th Jul 2017
Hey am looking at both mobiles which one is better? Am heading more towards the Pixel as saw it today and it seemed to have the better screen but still unsure. Many Thanks
Community Updates
AskHuaweiGoogle Pixel
22 Comments
Google Pixel. However, what's your definition of 'better'?
I haven't heard anything about the P10, but I like the build on my Nexus 6P so would tend to go for that one.

My Nexus 5 was an LG and that had a few issues, Huawei I am very happy with.
Google Pixel for no crap app installed by default.
Bigfootpete

I haven't heard anything about the P10, but I like the build on my Nexus … I haven't heard anything about the P10, but I like the build on my Nexus 6P so would tend to go for that one. My Nexus 5 was an LG and that had a few issues, Huawei I am very happy with.

I would have said exately the same as yourself (also have a 6P) though once you have experienced that terrible Emotion UI from Huawei you would quickly change your mind back, after being used to the stock experience for so long. If OS updates are something you enjoy and early access to Beta OS versions I'd stick with going for a pixel although looking at older devices from Huawei they actually have been one of the quickest at rolling out new OS updates in comparasion to other makes.
Now upon saying all that, the P10 does have expandable memory. Although the Pixel also has daydream support which the P10 doesn't (might not bother most people anyhow). Camera is better in the Pixel (2nd highest score ever achived on DXOMark (Only recently the HTC U11 beat the score.) Screen wise you looking at AMOLED of the Pixel vs IPS Panel on the Huawei, pixel density wise not really much in it, 432 vs 441 on the pixel. Pixel is also IP53 rated while the Huawei none.
I'm kinda in the same position myself looking at both devices (well the Pixel XL) but trying to justifiy the pricing in upgrading from my 6P. My current thoughts are to wait as personally I can't much much added in either devices from my 6P to justify. Will see what the new range of Pixel devices offer when they launch or maybe the Pixel XL dropping further in price.
Pixel is probably better by most yardsticks but also a lot more money. Not sure why you're limiting to those two as a lot of other phones at similar cost or in between the prices of those. And as always it depends what is most important to you in a phone. Gaming grunt? Battery life, Camera? something else?
Original Poster
jazzuk777

Pixel is probably better by most yardsticks but also a lot more money. … Pixel is probably better by most yardsticks but also a lot more money. Not sure why you're limiting to those two as a lot of other phones at similar cost or in between the prices of those. And as always it depends what is most important to you in a phone. Gaming grunt? Battery life, Camera? something else?

I use my camera a lot and I was hoping for a nice screen, I was thinking they were the better two androids out there at the minute any other ideas would be helpful
lindzio

I use my camera a lot and I was hoping for a nice screen, I was thinking … I use my camera a lot and I was hoping for a nice screen, I was thinking they were the better two androids out there at the minute any other ideas would be helpful

The HTC U11 which also adds RAW Photo capture support. Or wait and see the new Pixel offerings traditionally around September/October time if you can wait.
I would go p10 because lg can't make a good phone for toffee. If you want the better phone although marginal difference and are happy to take the chance it lasts then the pixel
wayners

I would go p10 because lg can't make a good phone for toffee. If you want … I would go p10 because lg can't make a good phone for toffee. If you want the better phone although marginal difference and are happy to take the chance it lasts then the pixel

The Pixel was made by HTC.
Had the P8 built quality wasnt that great but good phone replaced with th P8 light 2017 for £140 a better phone.
cecilmcroberts

Doh! Good point, I swear I read somewhere they were made by LG, guess I was wrong - however I would rank HTC lower than LG in terms of quality.
lindzio

I use my camera a lot and I was hoping for a nice screen, I was thinking … I use my camera a lot and I was hoping for a nice screen, I was thinking they were the better two androids out there at the minute any other ideas would be helpful

Here is a ranking of phone cameras you might find useful
dxomark.com/Mob…les
Bigfootpete

Doh! Good point, I swear I read somewhere they were made by LG, guess I … Doh! Good point, I swear I read somewhere they were made by LG, guess I was wrong - however I would rank HTC lower than LG in terms of quality.

Several Nexus phones were (Nexus 5 and 5X if I remember correctly)
cecilmcroberts

Ah yes. It's the 2nd generation pixel made by lg I believe.
lindzio

Sony XZ Premium maybe?
jazzuk777

Several Nexus phones were (Nexus 5 and 5X if I remember correctly)

Yeah history goes as below.

Nexus One - HTC
Nexus S - Samsung
Galaxy Nexus - Sumsung
Nexus 4 - LG
Nexus 5 - LG
Nexus 5x - LG
Nexus 6 - Moto (possibly was done as part of deal with Google selling Moto to Lenovo - Google bought Moto back in 2011 then sale to Lenovo completed in 2014)
Nexus 6P - Huawei
Pixel - HTC
Pixel XL - HTC
Pixel 2 - Speculation HTC
Pxiel 2XL - Speculation LG

Mostly the comments from avoiding the LG models are due to boot looping issues and LG's terrible handling of the fault. Which has now lead to a class action law suit against them in US. My friends 5x had it happen right before he was due to go on holidays around 4 weeks ago. Although within a week they did replace his handset.

Can you tell I've owned quite a few of them lol.
cecilmcroberts

Yeah history goes as below. Nexus One - HTCNexus S - SamsungGalaxy Nexus … Yeah history goes as below. Nexus One - HTCNexus S - SamsungGalaxy Nexus - SumsungNexus 4 - LGNexus 5 - LGNexus 5x - LGNexus 6 - Moto (possibly was done as part of deal with Google selling Moto to Lenovo - Google bought Moto back in 2011 then sale to Lenovo completed in 2014)Nexus 6P - Huawei Pixel - HTCPixel XL - HTCPixel 2 - Speculation HTCPxiel 2XL - Speculation LGMostly the comments from avoiding the LG models are due to boot looping issues and LG's terrible handling of the fault. Which has now lead to a class action law suit against them in US. My friends 5x had it happen right before he was due to go on holidays around 4 weeks ago. Although within a week they did replace his handset. Can you tell I've owned quite a few of them lol.

I've mostly gone for the poor man's Nexus series, aka the Moto G series
EndlessWaves

Sony XZ Premium maybe?

If Sony have made a decent phone yet I've missed it.
jazzuk777

I've mostly gone for the poor man's Nexus series, aka the Moto G series

They are brilliant value though the G series. Got a Moto G4 Play for my neice and the G5 for my mother. Both impressive for the price. Those Pixel's are stupid money and really can't find a reason to justify changing from my 6P to any of them yet.
Nomzee

Google Pixel for no crap app installed by default.

This is my main reason for prefering Google phones. Clean and easy to use!
cecilmcroberts

They are brilliant value though the G series. Got a Moto G4 Play for my … They are brilliant value though the G series. Got a Moto G4 Play for my neice and the G5 for my mother. Both impressive for the price. Those Pixel's are stupid money and really can't find a reason to justify changing from my 6P to any of them yet.

Just got a Moto g5 plus, amazing phone, as debility as the Moto g1 was. Just hope it will be reliable, as the last 2 - a g4 plus and an X play- needed warranty repairs
jazzuk777

If Sony have made a decent phone yet I've missed it.

Sony have made lots of decent phones. They often fail to capture the perfect balance of features to make a phone massively popular (at least for consumers outside Japan), but that's a different thing entirely.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants