Groups

Google Pixel XL screen problem

Hi,

Was wondering if you can help me. I sold a Google pixel XL today. It was working perfectly fine with me. Three hours after i sold it the buyer messaged me saying:

"Just got home and set it up, and the display is all pixelated, I have tried resetting it but it is still the same".

I requested him to send me some screen shots and he sent me some of which i have attached one as a picture to this thread.

I just wanted to ask, is this a common problem with the pixel XL and do you think he has hit the screen somewhere? The only common problem i have seen when i searched is that the screen flickers when on charge. Also if the screen has been damaged by a bang or whatever, would that show up on a screenshot?

Thanks.

22 Comments

Original Poster

http://i65.tinypic.com/2dv30ox.png

Do you think the buyer as changed the screen for his faulty one ? I do

Original Poster

tarragaz

Do you think the buyer as changed the screen for his faulty one ? I do

​The question is that does an actual faulty screen show up on a screensgot for eg. like a dead pixel etc?

Do you have the original phones imei number?

Original Poster

catbeans

Do you have the original phones imei number?

​yes.

I would ask him to take some actual photos of the phone when it's happening, as a screenshot can easily be edited to look faulty. If it's a hardware issue it wouldn't show up on a screenshot.

I've had a quick look around on the net and can't see any issues related to what he's shown. Pixelation to me, due to past experience, would = over heated hardware or water damage, but this would not show up in screen shots, only pictures taken with another camera. I think he's trying to pull a fast one.

I think he sounds like he already had same phone with that problem then bought yours now trying to get money back maybe me being cynical. I would ask him to bring the phone back if you have imei number check it against yours

Can I just add, looking at the screenshot you sent, that the "Nav Bar" hasn't been affected by the issue, so this is obliviously edited photo made full screen but he hasn't removed the "Nav Bar" first. If this was a issue with screen it would also affect this bar.

Edited by: "stoneblade" 5th Feb

How did he send you the image? Any chance you can upload the original on mega or a similar site so we can look to see if the image has been obviously altered or not as I would be suspicious as nothing I can find online indicates such an issue being reported previously.

I would repeat your post on Reddit as you will find more people familiar with the phone and photo spoofs: reddit.com/r/G…el/
    Edited by: "emodan" 5th Feb

He's pulling your pud. Meet up with him, ask him to bring phone with him. Look at IMEI number of "his" phone, compare with yours, if it's different, call him a **** and tell him where to go.

I calling scammer.

Personally I'd have shown him the phone in use before he left. Then it's a clear case of you bought it now you saw it

Original Poster

itsdavidjones1984

Personally I'd have shown him the phone in use before he left. Then it's … Personally I'd have shown him the phone in use before he left. Then it's a clear case of you bought it now you saw it

​he saw the phone in use.

Looks like a scam to me!

he has seen the phone, was working, accepted the condition of it... tough

Original Poster

emodan

How did he send you the image? Any chance you can upload the original on … How did he send you the image? Any chance you can upload the original on mega or a similar site so we can look to see if the image has been obviously altered or not as I would be suspicious as nothing I can find online indicates such an issue being reported previously.I would repeat your post on Reddit as you will find more people familiar with the phone and photo spoofs: https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/

​thats the image he sent me. he said its a screen shot of the screen.

Original Poster

i have told him to send me a little video of the phone

And all he'll do is do a video of his broken phone. You need to go meet him and get him to show you to your face, plus, you need to check the IMEI. He's scamming you.

Original Poster

He came back to me with the phone. The phone is the same one i sold to him. The screen was fine for about 10 mins when checking it then it started to flicker. The was not a single mark on the screen or the phone so gave him full refund. Will be taking it to cashconverters where i got it from for a replacement or full refund as they come with 6 months warranty.

Odds are that it was sold to Cashconverters with this issue, and they never spotted it.
    Defo take it back
    Quick question, did you get more than you paid for it?

Original Poster

mrew42

Odds are that it was sold to Cashconverters with this issue, and they … Odds are that it was sold to Cashconverters with this issue, and they never spotted it.Defo take it backQuick question, did you get more than you paid for it?

​being honest yes i did :). but yes will be sending back to cashconverters. it works fine for 10 15 mins but then starts to flicker and slowly slowly goed mental. touch screen etc work fine so theres no issue with the screen. the fact that it comes up on a screenshot makes me feel it might be software or hardware related.

what if it's a feature as it is called pixel maybe it gets triggered at some point.

Original Poster

MynameisM

what if it's a feature as it is called pixel maybe it gets triggered at … what if it's a feature as it is called pixel maybe it gets triggered at some point.

​lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73844464
      2. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers911
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826353
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553781

See more discussions