Google Play Store's "Advanced Battery Saver" steals sensitive data

Found 1st Jul
Android WARNING: Dangerous Google Play Store app steals sensitive data, are YOU affected?

If you have installed Advanced Battery Saver app on your Android phone or tablet then make sure you remove it right away.

Also, run an anti-malware scan to check for any malicious software that the app could have left behind.

express.co.uk/lif…ver
Community Updates
6 Comments
Thank you

(Although, being the Express, very surprised to find the story does not involve house prices or Princess Di)
ccnp1 h, 19 m ago

Thank you(Although, being the Express, very surprised to find the story …Thank you(Although, being the Express, very surprised to find the story does not involve house prices or Princess Di)

All I ever see in the express are scare stories about Kodi,
34200777-TkENR.jpg
Block all apps that don't need Internet access to function by using a firewall.
Why anyone would use, let alone download a "battery saver" for Android nowadays is beyond me.
Android is extremely efficient at managing its own battery saving these days.
These apps are pointless.
People use these stupid apps because they don't understand how it all works. Surprised Google hasn't removed from device with the new play protect. You will find play protect in the play store app if you go look. Google scans all the Andriod phones now. Google scanned my phone at 3.55pm today. That was nice of them
Edited by: "wayners" 1st Jul
Thanks for the warning.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants