Google pulling YouTube off Amazon Fire & Show

Found 5th Dec 2017
I have just got this message pop up on my fire TV. I use my fire TV mainly for watching YouTube, I would say about 70% of the time. Annoying really, I know I can cast but don't want to. Oh well I guess back to using my android box. Apparently Google have fell out with Amazon I have yet to read why, will go and read it now. I guess those who bought the show won't be at all pleased as it's already been pulled. Seems like it's tit for tat squabbling. Just have to see how it goes but doesn't look too good upto now.
Community Updates
Misc
14 Comments
Original Poster
32653689-G0llC.jpg
Original Poster
In a statement this afternoon, a YouTube spokesperson announced that the company was withdrawing support for its service on both the Echo Show and, more importantly, Amazon’s Fire TV:

“We’ve been trying to reach agreement with Amazon to give consumers access to each other's products and services. But Amazon doesn't carry Google products like Chromecast and Google Home, doesn't make Prime Video available for Google Cast users, and last month stopped selling some of Nest's latest products. Given this lack of reciprocity, we are no longer supporting YouTube on Echo Show and FireTV. We hope we can reach an agreement to resolve these issues soon.”
YouTube will be pulled from the Echo Show today. Customers who own an Fire TV will start seeing a notification today warning them that the service will be unavailable as of January 1st, 2018. Perhaps Google is hoping that the threat of losing YouTube on its main streaming device will force Amazon to negotiate a truce both sides can live with before the new year.
Glad I bought a Roku during black Friday. You can get YouTube and Google play on it.

Though I agree with the op last post, both sides will probably reach agreement soon.
Edited by: "tamoil" 5th Dec 2017
Looking at the screen shot.
I think the 2018th January 2001 has already past. So you're all safe.
Can’t you install Google Play and install it that way? I have done this with loads of apps on my Kindle Fire.

lifehacker.com/how…649

howtogeek.com/232…et/
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 5th Dec 2017
Original Poster
Predikuesi16 m ago

Can’t you install Google Play and install it that way? I have done this w …Can’t you install Google Play and install it that way? I have done this with loads of apps on my Kindle Fire.https://lifehacker.com/how-to-get-google-play-on-a-kindle-fire-and-install-any-1790706649https://www.howtogeek.com/232726/how-to-install-the-google-play-store-on-your-amazon-fire-tablet/

Looked at that a while back but didn't try it and was just looking at it again after seeing the message, until the 1st Jan even if loaded via Google play we won't know if it works. Will give it a go tomorrow.
Pathetic. Makes me more glad I haven't bought into the Amazon ecosystem.
caverncity48 m ago

Looked at that a while back but didn't try it and was just looking at it …Looked at that a while back but didn't try it and was just looking at it again after seeing the message, until the 1st Jan even if loaded via Google play we won't know if it works. Will give it a go tomorrow.

It might be wise to uninstall the YouTube app before you try to install from Google Play, as they might not be built the same. After you install Google Play you'll find that Google will want to update the Kindle Reader app, but you should continue to ignore it as it looks like it's not exactly the same as the one in the Fire.
It's sucks for the people that use YouTube on Amazon devices. But good for Google for taking a stand against Amazon. Although I own a couple of fire TV sticks I always thought it was bad that Amazon used their own version of Android on their devices then decided to ban selling Google's products on their sites. Hopefully the two companies can sort out their differences.
Amazon no show
Just side load the YouTube APK file? Or go through the Google play store route.
Original Poster
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell14 h, 4 m ago

Looking at the screen shot.I think the 2018th January 2001 has already …Looking at the screen shot.I think the 2018th January 2001 has already past. So you're all safe.

they have changed the date around now to UK format
Banned
if amazon isn't going to allow google home to be sold them honestly amazon have no right to profit off of their technology with a competing product
Original Poster
well it looks like google and amazon have ended their spat as amazon are allowing the sale of google products i.e. chromecast (and also they are allowing the sale of Apple TV). So maybe youtube wont get pulled now?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions