Groups

google street map thingy LOL

how long does it take from when they take a pic of a street to it being on the net ?
    my sister popped round for a cuppa and we was outside saying bye when the google car drove by (didn't know it was google at the time ) so we are staring at it gormlessly wasn't till it left that we saw what it was

7 Comments

As far as I've seen from my area (Stockport) it does take quite a while. Last month Google put all the streets in Stockport on and I know that the the pictures of our house were from early 2009 because of the cars and fencing which we've had changed since.

Banned

about 2 years in the case of when my street was done to when it appeared

Banned

Yes, the ones of our house were taken in the Summer of 2009 so if they are taking photos today, they may not show up for a good few months.

Original Poster

thanks i shall tell my sister not to bother checking every night

Original Poster

dcx_badass;8400575

They blur out faces and number plates anyway.

thank god for that , we would look well weird

Original Poster

purple22;8400595

thank god for that , we would look well weird

Took about 6 months for my area to show up. I thought the UK was all done now?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846223
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?32161
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17416145
      4. I've got 2 for 1 codes to use at Thorpe Park/Sea Life, Yeoken vouchers, The…34

See more discussions