Googles 'new' 3D images of the earth and planets and moons@google free of course

Found 18th FebEdited by:"jasee"
Maybe this isn't suitable for here in which case I'll be removed or shot down.
Oh well
You don't need the program Google earth. Hopefully the link should take you to a 3D view of the earth from space which is fully revolvable and includes a nice image of the milky way and the sun. On the left should be a list of the other planets and a lot of their moons which are scrollable and revolvable and zoomable! Also shown is the International Space Station which is completely explorable if you are adapt at walking in Google using the arrows etc.
I understand this was announced in October 2017 and I knew nothing about it and neither does (apparently) the Sky At Night Team. It is an excellent way of studying the moon.

Follow this link
Community Updates
23 Comments
Hey! Thanks for posting. I've put this into the Misc section instead
Here's a shot of part of the inside of the ISS, hmm, it looks less crowded than my room

33286311-XPxzb.jpg
crisscross2 m ago

Hey! Thanks for posting. I've put this into the Misc section instead

At least it went somewhere
So we just download Google's latest app?
I don't see no link?
Now I see it, cheers
? Just takes me to Google maps. I don't get the appeal, sorry
mxer45016 m ago

? Just takes me to Google maps. I don't get the appeal, sorry

It takes you to google maps, and you can click on the planets and ISS and look at them in lots of detail. If that doesn't appeal....
Looks really interesting
Oooh, this is gonna get the flat-earthers raging.

Link is working fine, Op, good stuff. Thanks.
Sounds interesting but mine is just Google maps, lol no other planets, iss, or nothing just usual maps. Nothing like your explaining?. Just good old 2d flat earth won't even let me zoom out.... I've given up hit every button every menu, lol
Eventually I suppose we should be able to walk on the surface of at least the moon and mars and look around as we do on earth
We all soon get used to all this stuff..... but it's brilliant when all said and done.
LoL

Remember you know it's real because it looks so fake.
mxer4501 h, 37 m ago

Sounds interesting but mine is just Google maps, lol no other planets, …Sounds interesting but mine is just Google maps, lol no other planets, iss, or nothing just usual maps. Nothing like your explaining?. Just good old 2d flat earth won't even let me zoom out.... I've given up hit every button every menu, lol

Are you clicking from a phone?
cowsindahouse18th Feb

LoLRemember you know it's real because it looks so fake.

Actually, they haven't used the best maps. The one of mars is particularly bad. It's got some strange places that look as if they are held together with tape!

33287266-nbal1.jpg
There are much better ones at NASA.
jasee2 h, 16 m ago

Eventually I suppose we should be able to walk on the surface of at least …Eventually I suppose we should be able to walk on the surface of at least the moon and mars and look around as we do on earth

33287384-Qn75x.jpg
dreamager48 m ago

Are you clicking from a phone?

Yurp? What's a computer?
jasee3 h, 3 m ago

Eventually I suppose we should be able to walk on the surface of at least …Eventually I suppose we should be able to walk on the surface of at least the moon and mars and look around as we do on earth

Never in a million years, mate (based on how long we'll have austerity).
tryn2help1 h, 26 m ago

Never in a million years, mate (based on how long we'll have austerity).

I don't mean literally of course
Wow that's excellent, thanks for posting.

The interior of the ISS looks like my wife's bedroom
Edited by: "jaketheplumber" 19th Feb
mxer4502 h, 19 m ago

Yurp? What's a computer?

A machine that performs calculations

The point is the page shows the planets etc on the extreme left so probably you won't be able to see them. It may work f you turn your phone hoizontal or scroll to the left.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants