Groups

Googlewhack

Been watching Dave Gormans Googlewhack..

Can you find any?

24 Comments

Googlewhack?

Banned

bellabonkers;4600930

Googlewhack?

+1 lol

Original Poster

2 words that bring up only 1 search result on google.com

both words must be in the dictionary.

It was fun trying that, how many did you find thou? lol

vengod;4600956

2 words that bring up only 1 search result on google.comboth words must … 2 words that bring up only 1 search result on google.comboth words must be in the dictionary.

Thanks, don't know of any though.

I only watched half of that, got interrupted and haven't finished it, think I gave it back to my mate ugh.

Funny stuff though, never tried it either!

class act, used to be on zbc 2

i got called v sad for trying to find these. Dave Gorman is a ledge! and sure knows how to tell and adventure.

Original Poster

I havent found any yet.

There is a further rule. Both words have to be in googles dictionary, so on the bar at the top that says

'Results 1 - 10 of about 10,600 for malevolent toaster. (0.23 seconds)'

both 'malevolent' and 'toaster' must be highlighted in blue for it to count.

Original Poster

Ive got it down to 6.

my best is 159:-(

Original Poster

I HAVE 1!!!

Inanthropomorphisability baseball

vengod;4601306

I HAVE 1!!!Inanthropomorphisability baseball

Inanthropomorphisability isn't in googles dictionary so its not a valid whack

chrishill;4601268

There is a further rule. Both words have to be in googles dictionary, so … There is a further rule. Both words have to be in googles dictionary, so on the bar at the top that says 'Results 1 - 10 of about 10,600 for malevolent toaster. (0.23 seconds)'both 'malevolent' and 'toaster' must be highlighted in blue for it to count.

Web or UK only?

Mijooly;4601325

Web or UK only?

either I think...

Original Poster

it has to be on dictionary.com

vengod;4601340

it has to be on dictionary.com

Rule Number One: Your two Googlefactors must exist in Google's view of legitimate words in this dictionary. Not your view; Google's view! Google does the work, and Google has the final word on what may be legitimate! In the blue bar atop your Google results, accepted terms are linked, and so appear 'underlined.' No line, no link, or no legitimate word = Googlejack! (As in, You've got jack, so see the FAQ :-)

Rule Number Two: Google also is the arbiter of a whack's uniqueness. Look to the right end of the blue bar atop your Google results. If you see "Results 1 - 1 of (any number),' you found exactly one hit = Googlewhack!

Rule Number Three: Google shows you an excerpt of the page you whacked. Look at that text. If it's merely a list of words (such as a bibliography, concordance, encyclopedia, glossary, thesaurus, dictionary, domain names, or plain old machine-generated random garbage), No Whack For You!

googlewhack.com/rul…htm

Original Poster

********...keep goin.

Where has this sprung up from.
    I was doing this a few years ago.

Original Poster

Jumpingphil;4601473

Where has this sprung up from.I was doing this a few years ago.

I watched Dave gormans googlewhack again.

i cant get past 90 :-(

antidisestablishmentarialism octogenarian

There you go...... 1 result.

Poo - Antidisestablishmentarialism is not it googles dictionary

Hmmm, this won't be easy.

"Results 1 - 100 of about 6,740 for disingenuous octopus. (0.56 seconds)"
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Minecraft Xbox One S Leaked67
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?32169
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764344
      4. Deleting chats on Facebook Messenger11

See more discussions