got a parking ticket for parking in residence area unknowingly with p&d ticket.

Found 26th Oct 2012
So this same road where I park everyday. I purchased my ticket parked up and when I came back was shocked to find a ticket!

I had unknowingly parked in permit holders only(5 meters infront is permit hold + pay and display tickets).

What can I do, do I have grounds for appeal and also how can they charge me a full ticket when I paid for a ticket!

the details are:
" Parked ina residents' or shared use parking place without clearly displaying either apermit or voucher or pay and display ticket issued for that place"

But I had a ticket, do I have grounds for appeal?
Community Updates
MiscGame of Thrones
28 Comments
If it is a council ticket you have to pay....
konimitsu

He can appeal if he believes the signs weren't clear enough or has a similar style complaint.
konimitsu

This, they will **** you up otherwise.

Pay then contest later, they can increase the fine if you don't pay within a certain time.
Go back, look at the signs & if your fault then pay up but if signs are unclear take photos & complain.
sickly sweet

He can appeal if he believes the signs weren't clear enough or has a … He can appeal if he believes the signs weren't clear enough or has a similar style complaint.

The OP wants to appeal they had a ticket but they were parked in a residents only so it matters not.
olympians

This, they will **** you up otherwise.Pay then contest later, they can … This, they will **** you up otherwise.Pay then contest later, they can increase the fine if you don't pay within a certain time.

I've appealed before, was a simple process & my parking fine waived.
Well what gets me is that if it was strictly permit holders only they would have put it under section 16:
" Parked ina permit space without displaying a valid permit"

not 12:
"Parked ina residents' or shared use parking place without clearly displaying either apermit or voucher or pay and display ticket issued for that place"

yes, it is council.
Could it possible that they did not see my ultra visible ticket?
Clearly you knew what you were doing.
No ground. You have to pay and not do it again in future.
olympians

This, they will **** you up otherwise.Pay then contest later, they can … This, they will **** you up otherwise.Pay then contest later, they can increase the fine if you don't pay within a certain time.

Contest, they put the fine on hold until they (the council) give you a reply.

So you will still have the option to pay the cheaper 'quick pay' price.
Appeal against it enclosing a copy of your ticket saying you had paid to park. The worst they can do is tell you to pay up.
moob

Clearly you knew what you were doing.

Yes, I would knowingly park 5m behind an the empty shared place as I love tickets.
http://s15.postimage.org/n5t28ntdn/Sketch2651859.jpg
It won't matter that you bought a ticket.You stated that you parked in a Residents Only space (albeit by accident) but the traffic warden will have photographic evidence of this. If you don't have a resident's parking pass and you park in that area then you're liable for a ticket unfortunately. Unless there is ambiguity with the signs displayed?
Crazy thing is you could go out tonight start a fight make a racket get nicked and chances are youd get of with a warning.But if you dare to park wrongly your marked as a serious criminal that must pay an extortionate fine because someone on £90k a year thinks thats a fair price to pay for your antisocial crime. oO
hooray henry

Crazy thing is you could go out tonight start a fight make a racket get … Crazy thing is you could go out tonight start a fight make a racket get nicked and chances are youd get of with a warning.But if you dare to park wrongly your marked as a serious criminal that must pay an extortionate fine because someone on £90k a year thinks thats a fair price to pay for your antisocial crime. oO

So true.
The way I see is that those in my situation where you have followed the rules (bought a ticket) and have parked in the wrong(bear in mind the street is almost empty)place, they shoukdnt have to pay the same amount as those that havent purchased a ticket.
cw9652

Contest, they put the fine on hold until they (the council) give you a … Contest, they put the fine on hold until they (the council) give you a reply.So you will still have the option to pay the cheaper 'quick pay' price.

Are you sure they put it on hold? That the time limit to pay quickly will be put on hold?
mumbojumbo

Looks pretty clear.We have similar bays outside one of our houses, with … Looks pretty clear.We have similar bays outside one of our houses, with different times for each bay when parking restrictions are in force.

Yeah its shocking, did not even look at that sign. Pressumed it was p&d due to the fact it wasnt on the side next to the housing.

Maybe I should demand the price I paid for my parking ticket back! £1.50.
smellyonion

So true.The way I see is that those in my situation where you have … So true.The way I see is that those in my situation where you have followed the rules (bought a ticket) and have parked in the wrong(bear in mind the street is almost empty)place, they shoukdnt have to pay the same amount as those that havent purchased a ticket.

You made a mistake but you still broke the law and that will be what they see. people get sent to prison for manslaughter when they killed someone by making a mistake and have an accident.
mutley1

You made a mistake but you still broke the law and that will be what they … You made a mistake but you still broke the law and that will be what they see. people get sent to prison for manslaughter when they killed someone by making a mistake and have an accident.

More like makeshift laws to draw as much money out of motorists. Beaar in mind that road is empty, vast amount of residents parking available. parking attendants work on commission.
mumbojumbo

Looks pretty clear.We have similar bays outside one of our houses, with … Looks pretty clear.We have similar bays outside one of our houses, with different times for each bay when parking restrictions are in force.

Many thanks. I was looking for directions to the crematorium.
I can help if it is NewHam council.
For more accurate advice, post your query on pepipoo.com (on the relevant FightBack forum - presumably this is a council ticket, therefore the council tickets forum?). You should start a thread there, and will need to post a scan of all sides of your PCN (after removing your personal details and car registration etc), as well as photos if possible. Councils frequently make mistakes in their PCNs, and sometimes the wrong wording can be fatal to the PCN (as councils are required to use the correct wording as defined under the relevant legislation). The well-experienced posters on pepipoo will advise you accordingly if you have a case.

Just make sure that you keep within all time deadlines. The council will almost certainly reject your first informal representation to the PCN (and most people fold and pay at that stage), but if you have made your representation within the discount period, most councils will re-offer the discount at this stage. Then you can decide whether to take it further. If you take it to adjudication/PATAS, your maximum liability will be for the full original amount of the penalty charge - but nothing more, though you would have lost the opportunity to pay at a discount at that stage.
smellyonion

Yeah its shocking, did not even look at that sign. Pressumed it was p&d … Yeah its shocking, did not even look at that sign. Pressumed it was p&d due to the fact it wasnt on the side next to the housing.Maybe I should demand the price I paid for my parking ticket back! £1.50.

so you ignored a clearly laid out sign and think you shouldnt pay?

LOL
csiman

so you ignored a clearly laid out sign and think you shouldnt pay?LOL

I dont think I should pay jack. I have purchased hundreds of pounds worth of p&d to park there. The road was near empty, I did not prevent any residents from parking there. I purcchased a ticket in good faith. I read the signs, just not that one! Since the road seems to alternate. All parking tickets are council money making schemes. Some councils require you to enter your registration and if one letter is incorrect they will issue a ticket.

Maybe you are taffic warden?
smellyonion, you didn't reply to my previous message advising you to post your query on pepipoo.com, but I see that you have now done so (parking ticket for parking in residence area unknowingly with p&d ticket.).

Just to reiterate what one of the most experienced and helpful members (SchoolRunMum) on that forum has already said:

The contravention code [on the PCN] is wrong so you should win this one. That is NOT a residents or shared use bay.
Over The Knee

smellyonion, you didn't reply to my previous message advising you to post … smellyonion, you didn't reply to my previous message advising you to post your query on pepipoo.com, but I see that you have now done so (parking ticket for parking in residence area unknowingly with p&d ticket.).Just to reiterate what one of the most experienced and helpful members (SchoolRunMum) on that forum has already said:The contravention code [on the PCN] is wrong so you should win this one. That is NOT a residents or shared use bay.

Yep, sounds like good news, following the ignorant replies from members on this board(with the exception of you and a few others in this thread). I decided to spread my wings a little and try money saving forums where I was also refered to pepipoo and have recieved some great advice.

Now I need to think about the wording.
Is something amiss. Your P&D ticket is for Rowlls Road and you were parked on Bonner Hill Road?
GAVINLEWISHUKD

Is something amiss. Your P&D ticket is for Rowlls Road and you were … Is something amiss. Your P&D ticket is for Rowlls Road and you were parked on Bonner Hill Road?

Good spot, the machine as bonner hill was broken and it said to use the one at rowlls road if it is.

Perhaps the traffic warden was to stupid to realise this and issued the ticket solely on this(since it says I was in the correct bay).

Too many variables!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants