Groups

Got a problem with my monitor

My monitor constantly tries to switch on, the power button flashes on and straight away goes off again, then tries again and so on, the screen flickers everytime it tries to turn on but thats the end of it and from there it just repeats the same steps all day long, what could be wrong with it?

8 Comments

refresh rate on graphics card too high.

sounds like the pulse mode power power supply has gone - inside the monitor - are you getting a clicking sound - is it a crt or a lcd type ????????

Original Poster

esq3585;5481096

refresh rate on graphics card too high.

How do I change that? Thanks.

Oh by the way I unplugged my monitor away from the cpu and put it onto a different socket just to see whether the monitor would come on but it still does the same thing, it tries to come on, the light flashes on, the screen flickers quickly and goes off again.

Original Poster

BigToe;5481137

sounds like the pulse mode power power supply has gone - inside the … sounds like the pulse mode power power supply has gone - inside the monitor - are you getting a clicking sound - is it a crt or a lcd type ????????

It's an lcd monitor

PraxxtorCruel;5481142

How do I change that? Thanks.Oh by the way I unplugged my monitor away … How do I change that? Thanks.Oh by the way I unplugged my monitor away from the cpu and put it onto a different socket just to see whether the monitor would come on but it still does the same thing, it tries to come on, the light flashes on, the screen flickers quickly and goes off again.

Right click on screen>Properties>Settings>Advanced>Monitor>Select lower refresh rate from pull down box.

any chance of trying monitor on another pc to see if it is a power or graphics adapter problem

Original Poster

BigToe;5481274

any chance of trying monitor on another pc to see if it is a power or … any chance of trying monitor on another pc to see if it is a power or graphics adapter problem

Okay, just got back from trying it on this pc, and it still does the same thing, I havent adjusted the graphics adapter in about 4 years.

Original Poster

Okay, I figured it out, my transistor has gone faulty. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767526
      2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691434
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047199
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563840

See more discussions