Got a speeding fine from Holland.

Was in a rented car and got lashed. received a fine 3-4 months later.

What are your experiences with european fines ... can we ignore them or do we really need to pay?

16 Comments

Banned

pay it. ur own fault for speeding

run like the wind. . . . .without breaking the speed limit obviously lmao . . . i thought you paid at the side of the road in other countries

Banned

What they gonna do, pay thousands to deport you to pay the fine :whistling:

I think you'll be safe, just dont plan any other trips to Holland :thumbsup:

Haha, this is one of those things that would happen in a movie...

You ignore the fine, never hearing nothing untill you travel to Holland for your first daughters wedding, you forget about the fine which has now escalated into a full blown warrent for your arrest.

I back and forth begins between you trying to evade police and help with the wedding untill it all comes to a clashing finale just as she says I do.

It would probably have gotten a 4 star from critics with one saying that the ending was predictable.

Hollands most wanted

#7 Cyrus. . . . 48MPH in a 40 limit

nah cant see it really lol unless the hire company decide to persue maybe i guess

Banned

choc1969;2754826

Better read this article … Better read this article matehttp://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/article552225.ece

An interesting comment within that article:

One issue yet to be resolved concerns appeals. Brussels has not decided whether appeals should be made in the country where the offence was committed or the country of residence. Another issue on which there is no agreement yet is licence penalty points.

cyrus

Was in a rented car and [COLOR=Blue]got lashed[/COLOR]. received a fine … Was in a rented car and [COLOR=Blue]got lashed[/COLOR]. received a fine 3-4 months later.

I presume this means got drunk? So you got drunk and then got caught speeding? You are lucky to get away with a fine, pay it and learn from it.

harlzter;2755108

I presume this means got drunk? So you got drunk and then got caught … I presume this means got drunk? So you got drunk and then got caught speeding? You are lucky to get away with a fine, pay it and learn from it.

I'd say it was probably supposed to be 'f'lashed :thumbsup:

Pay it. If you leave it, the car rental company will pay for you and charge you admin fees on top.

Original Poster

lol some good comment there.

`I was 7kph over the limit ...
i need to go back to holland
It actually wasnt my fault ... i was purposely distracted by my silly colleagues !

i think ill just pay it. no point waiting any longer.

thanks all

Banned

I still have an outstanding bill for a hospital in Belgium from 2001 ;-)

Original Poster

my fine is actually only 38 eurs but will increase if i dont pay it

Was in a rented car and got lashed. received a fine 3-4 months later.

harlzter;2755108

I presume this means got drunk? So you got drunk and then got caught … I presume this means got drunk? So you got drunk and then got caught speeding? You are lucky to get away with a fine, pay it and learn from it.

peodude;2755161

I'd say it was probably supposed to be 'f'lashed :thumbsup:

So were you lashed or flashed:thinking: or both

lumoruk;2755562

I still have an outstanding bill for a hospital in Belgium from 2001 ;-)

Bet you wouldn t wanna be sick in belgium again:w00t:

Banned

jtx;2755749

Bet you wouldn t wanna be sick in belgium again:w00t:

I'll take private insurance next time, and I've got a different surname now too :thumbsup:

and I think it helps that their system wouldn't take a name for a house, only numbers I didn't have a number at my old house . Got three letters demanding payment, haven't had anything in 6 yrs.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763999
    2. Better watch out for these...915
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846088
    4. Any PS4 News Here29213596

See more discussions