got a xbox elite do i need these extra cables?

Found 25th Jan 2010
ive got it set up through a hdmi
the spare cables are
xbox 360 audio adapter
xbox 360 composite av cable

also is there any diffrence between the new and old xbox wireless adapter cheers

5 Comments

no both wireless adaptors plug into USB in the back (although I plugged mine in front for better reception)

You will need audio adaptor if you want 5.1 through a surround system using an optical cable. But if you just use TV speakers you wont need it

Original Poster

DJNG22;7652416

no both wireless adaptors plug into USB in the back (although I plugged … no both wireless adaptors plug into USB in the back (although I plugged mine in front for better reception)You will need audio adaptor if you want 5.1 through a surround system using an optical cable. But if you just use TV speakers you wont need it

cheers rep left how much do these cables sell for?

There is a difference between the wireless adapters. The older white ones with a single aerial support only b/g encrpyption from the router and tend to have a lower speed. The newer black ones with double aerials support up to n encryption and support a higher speed.

Only useful if you have an N router though, but can still be used with non n router.

tonico;7652506

cheers rep left how much do these cables sell for?

couple of quid from Amazon.

I found my original white wireless adaptor pants, I only ever had half signal, yet my PS3 in the same position has full signal with built in Wi-Fi.

If you can, you are much better using ethernet connection for 360 or trying the new N adaptor,

Original Poster

cheers just reserved the new n adapter
Post a comment
@
    Text