Got an iPhone 6s from Music Magpie but extremely poor battery

Found 29th Apr
Got my sis an iPhone 6S the other day with the offers going around here from music magpie, but the battery life on the device is extremely poor. Definitely not something we want to keep in this condition. Has anyone else got theirs with poor battery and how are their returns? Thx
Community Updates
16 Comments
Do Apple not offer battery replacements for this device?
Got a 6s plus ‘ good ‘ for really cheap and when we got it , it was literally brand new. Not a single scratch dent etc and showed 99% battery life in settings . Only £180 for 64gb!
My iphone 6s needs to be charged twice a day, i cannot complain as it is free from work
Have you tried running diagnostic with Apple support to see if the battery is at fault?
jdrob12336 m ago

Do Apple not offer battery replacements for this device?

I remember reading a comment where someone tried to get battery changed from Apple but was flatly refused as it was refurbished by third party. Also don’t have Apple store near to me ei
What does it say under the battery settings?
abusaleh3 h, 51 m ago

I remember reading a comment where someone tried to get battery changed …I remember reading a comment where someone tried to get battery changed from Apple but was flatly refused as it was refurbished by third party. Also don’t have Apple store near to me ei

But has yours been refurbished just because you bought a refurbished phone doesn’t mean it has been, it means it’s second hand.
There is a certain range of 6s that are entitled to free batteries. Might be worth digging the info up. Then checking.
Also contact Music Magpie and see what they say. Will they refund you £29 if you get apple to replace it if it is t in the recall.
Go to apple store, my sister got a new replacement with her iPhone 6. She's owned it for 2 years tho so I would still try
Check if your iPhone qualifies for the free battery replacement by using the serial number on Apple website.

You can be sure it hasn't been actually opened up and "refurbished" as they wouldn't have left a defective battery inside in that case
Edited by: "hearts22" 29th Apr
hearts229 m ago

Check if your iPhone qualifies for the free battery replacement by using …Check if your iPhone qualifies for the free battery replacement by using the serial number on Apple website.You can be sure it hasn't been actually opened up and "refurbished" as they wouldn't have left a defective battery inside in that case

You got the link please
Check your maximum battery capacity under battery in settings if it’s updated to the latest iOS.
hearts2212 h, 48 m ago

Check if your iPhone qualifies for the free battery replacement by using …Check if your iPhone qualifies for the free battery replacement by using the serial number on Apple website.You can be sure it hasn't been actually opened up and "refurbished" as they wouldn't have left a defective battery inside in that case

Or they already tried new batteries and it didnt work, so sold it to music magpie.
master108 h, 5 m ago

Or they already tried new batteries and it didnt work, so sold it to music …Or they already tried new batteries and it didnt work, so sold it to music magpie.

Worth a try since it would be free. It does sound like a bad battery to me.
I've had mixed fortune at Apple. They changed one iPhone battery on a iPhone that had a replacement screen no problem other than having to sign a disclaimer. Then I took an iPhone 6S that was on the free battery exchange and they refused to change it as it had already had another battery and screen fitted apparently on "safety grounds". They wouldn't touch it. That was a second hand/refurb from Musicmagpie.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants