Groups

Got an old NTL box, can I still use for free channels on ceased service?

Hi All

Just found my old NTL box in my loft, Since I have sky It has lived up there for the past two years, however the NTL socket is still present on my wall, all I need to do is plug it in, thing is I don't have the patch cable to find out.

So Just wanted to ask if NTL/Virgin leave the Fibre optic line enabled for freeview channels? if so I was going to use the box in my front bedroom to save me running sky cables and buying another sky box etc.

I cancelled my Virgin account two years ago and I remember the operator telling me that they would downgrade the package to "free to air"

Anyone know before I go spend pennies on some new cable

Cheers

5 Comments

Banned

you wil get very little i expect
    channels 1-5 and itv2+1 are the ones I think you will get
    Not sure if you will get any others

Banned

colinsunderland

you wil get very little i expect channels 1-5 and itv2+1 are the ones I … you wil get very little i expect channels 1-5 and itv2+1 are the ones I think you will get Not sure if you will get any others

only if he hasn't been switched off at the junction box, which will probably be unlikely.
    Edited by: "guv" 10th Nov 2010

Banned

dcx_badass

We have a spare box left by the old residents, and we're paying for it in … We have a spare box left by the old residents, and we're paying for it in the living room, if I connect the old box in the point in my room will I get basic channels? I have two TV's in my room (23" + 32") but for some reason no TV signal in the City Centre!

yes you should do

If your going to dump it, I would buy the remote off you.? just asking.

I believe you will still need a card but you should still get the basic "freeview" channels.

I'd say leave this open on the forums until you get a positive reply from someone doing it currently.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would78
      2. Buying an iPhone second hand11
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767355
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17846377

See more discussions