Groups

Got AVG Anti Virus? Get the new version now for free !! version 8

just downloaded the latest version 8.
    Much improved.
    More info on screen
    slider to control how much processor is used
    on google when you search an icon appears next to every web page telling you if its safe.

16 Comments

Complete heap of ****. Slowed my laptop to a crawl. I swear that safe search thing downloads every page in google search results and checks them. If it does its a complete waste of bandwidth.

Edit: Stick with the FREE version, as you'll avoid the above problems :lol:

firefox 3 has a lot of security features, doesn't slow your browsing down any either. I'd recommend this (if a random recommendation from a bloke on the internet that you've never met means anything to you)

I'm currently using FF2 with NoScript. Saves me getting all these poxy javascript hijacks and popup windows. Does take a bit of effort to setup though.

no script is good and its only hassle for a little bit, once you visited all your regualar sites your sorted. FF3 has this inbuilt thing in the address bar that tells you if your sight are genuine, to stop phishing etc.

I downloaded this the other week after re-installing windows (thanks again guerilla!) and yes, it does seem to run the security check on every google search result! I need to look and see if it can be turned off.

Also I don't know if that link is different, but my version was a 30 day free trial so I'm going back to the old one as soon as my trial runs out.

P.S. the firewall included does seem good!

currently running Firefox Beta5, stable, secure and quick!! The new search box auto complete thing is great....I use mcafee site advisor extention, no script and adblock plus....
    I use Avira for my antivirus, check it with an online scan and it hasn't missed a beat....just an annoying nag screen.

RickyBobby;1958867

Also I don't know if that link is different, but my version was a 30 day … Also I don't know if that link is different, but my version was a 30 day free trial so I'm going back to the old one as soon as my trial runs out.

I'm guessing that's because you downloaded the security suite, which you have to pay for. If you just want the Anti-virus program, then that's free.

Banned

thanks,i use avg and yes it does slow computer when it is doing its checks but it is damn good for a freebie..

RickyBobby;1958867

I downloaded this the other week after re-installing windows (thanks … I downloaded this the other week after re-installing windows (thanks again guerilla!) and yes, it does seem to run the security check on every google search result! I need to look and see if it can be turned off.

Tools/Advanced Options/Link Scanner:thumbsup:

The only problem with that is it puts a horrible red ! in your system tray. Primarily it's just an irritation, but if something else fails in AVG you won't know until its too late. Still trying to work out if you can turn that off or not.

RickyBobby;1958867

I downloaded this the other week after re-installing windows (thanks … I downloaded this the other week after re-installing windows (thanks again guerilla!) and yes, it does seem to run the security check on every google search result! I need to look and see if it can be turned off.Also I don't know if that link is different, but my version was a 30 day free trial so I'm going back to the old one as soon as my trial runs out.P.S. the firewall included does seem good!

there a free code knocking aroung for the real version somewhere

this is the code to get the professional version free till dec 08

75VNU-TH1RR1-L7-P03-C01-S3S9MD-2YN-3AUS

nightswimmer;1958999

I'm guessing that's because you downloaded the security suite, which you … I'm guessing that's because you downloaded the security suite, which you have to pay for. If you just want the Anti-virus program, then that's free.

Ah, didn't know there was a choice. Tried to look but it just downloads the set-up file.

Shengis;1959022

Tools/Advanced Options/Link Scanner:thumbsup:The only problem with that … Tools/Advanced Options/Link Scanner:thumbsup:The only problem with that is it puts a horrible red ! in your system tray. Primarily it's just an irritation, but if something else fails in AVG you won't know until its too late. Still trying to work out if you can turn that off or not.

Thats annoying! Think I will be going back to the old one then. I tend to use familiar sites and would prefer my computer to run a bit quicker!

I use AVG, thanks for the heads up, they usually inform you of an update anyway.

Shengis;1959486

75VNU-TH1RR1-L7-P03-C01-S3S9MD-2YN ;-)

guerilla;1959494

this is the code to get the professional version free till dec … this is the code to get the professional version free till dec 0875VNU-TH1RR1-L7-P03-C01-S3S9MD-2YN-3AUS

Hmmm... would be tempted if there was a way to get that security alert off :thinking:

RickyBobby;1959532

Hmmm... would be tempted if there was a way to get that security alert … Hmmm... would be tempted if there was a way to get that security alert off :thinking:

security alert ?:?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846192
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764288
      3. Did you know?2950
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917260

See more discussions