Got away with it

I paid for a Trip on holiday with my debit card last Wednesday, they dont have chip n Pin there so the Rep wrote it down the old fashion way,

I got a copy and she kept a copy, The money hasnt came out of my account yet and checking my online account it aint been Ringfenced either,

You think I have got away with it or will it take longer than 10 days to come off.

8 Comments

it will take a while to come off

it will take longer as i have had this done in the past and its been a couple of weeks later as i had actually forgotten about it til it came off!

they havn't finished distributing all the details about, then it will come off.............BIG TIME :whistling:

What does ringfenced mean?

you mean taken off the balance but not actually withdrawn?

Banned

It can take upto 6 wks to come off from overseas.
Your rep does not do banking at set times ie not everyday, then it maybe sent to Uk for check by holiday compay then into bank in country you stayed and then back to UK BEFORE BEING PASSED TO YOUR BANK :thumbsup: you will get a bill dont worry.

Best we had was 4 1/2 weeks from Mauritius

Some wait on purpose, exchange rates you pay more they get more commision. Thomson good for that
We had a refund for a cancelled trip this year and I was £8.67 out of pocket, I was lucky my bank refunds if you ask on things like this but not all do.

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6024948

What does ringfenced mean? you mean taken off the balance but not … What does ringfenced mean? you mean taken off the balance but not actually withdrawn?

Yeh, you can see the money gone in your available balance but they havent actually taken from your balance yet

What would happen if she wrote a digit down wrong??

Banned

ClarityofMind;6024948

What does ringfenced mean? you mean taken off the balance but not … What does ringfenced mean? you mean taken off the balance but not actually withdrawn?

[edit] Adjectiveringfenced (not comparable)

Positive
ringfenced
Comparative
not comparable
Superlative
none (absolute)

of funds, that may only be used for a previously specified purpose

[edit] Verbringfenced

Simple past tense and past participle of ringfence.

richp;6024917

they havn't finished distributing all the details about, then it will … they havn't finished distributing all the details about, then it will come off.............BIG TIME :whistling:

:lol: :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764019
    2. Better watch out for these...1017
    3. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports813
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846094

See more discussions