Got car MOT last year and it passed with some minor advisories but failed with major defects this time

Posted 23rd Nov 2021
I got the car MOTed last year and it passed with some minor advisories, took it to a different garage this time and it failed with a number of defects of one which I got fixed last time and some major ones.

Due to lockdown and COVID the cars been driven about 6k mile or less between the last and this MOT.

So don't understand how this much could have happened, to me it seems either the last guy didn't do it properly or this one wants money off me and making it up or has made all these faults.

Not sure what to do as the quote to fix all these is more than what the car is worth.

---

Update, as some of you advised, I've managed to get the MOT results. I know these must be fixed, any idea on cost estimate so I can negotiate accordingly.

Refusal Notices
Offside front brake pad(s) less than 1.5 mm thick (1.1.13 (a) (ii)) - Dangerous
Nearside rear stop lamp(s) not working (4.3.1 (a) (ii)) - Major
Nearside headlamp aim projected beam image is obviously incorrect (4.1.2 (c)) - Major
Nearside front lower suspension arm ball joint excessively worn (5.3.4 (a) (i)) - Major
Offside front lower suspension arm ball joint excessively worn (5.3.4 (a) (i)) - Major
Rear exhaust system insecure (6.1.2 (a)) - Major
Advisory Notices
Nearside registration plate lamp inoperative in the case of multiple lamps or light sources (4.7.1 (b) (i)) - Minor
Nearside rear service brake binding but not excessively (1.2.1 (f))
Front brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
Nearside rear tyre worn close to legal limit/worn on edge (5.2.3 (e))
Offside rear tyre worn close to legal limit/worn on edge (5.2.3 (e))
Nearside front tyre worn close to legal limit/worn on edge (5.2.3 (e))
Community Updates
Ask
Discussions

40 Comments