Groups

Got chickens?

Need a bit of help. My husband and i are thinking about getting some chickens for the back garden. Wanted to know which would be better. A treated wooden chicken coop or one of those eglu chicken coops.
    Thanks for any help.

6 Comments

If I'm honest, what came to mind when I read this: Neighbours/Council/Noise/Health and the mountain of bureacracy that has crept in since the days of "The Good Life".

Assuming you got the blessing from any neighbours, council, various health conscious bodies would probably still come into effect.

Can I ask why you want to keep Chicken, regular eggs aside.

All I know is whatever best secure from foxes etc.

Hope you don't live near me lol !!
    I don't want any clucking (not mispelt) chickens waking me up every morning !!!!!!!

I know nothing about keeping chickens...but.....good on you I think everyone should be encouraged to do this and people who moan about the noise should go back to eating their reformed and processed food and stop moaning when they and their kids are.
    //terminate rant script.

Original Poster

schizoboy;6226339

If I'm honest, what came to mind when I read this: … If I'm honest, what came to mind when I read this: Neighbours/Council/Noise/Health and the mountain of bureacracy that has crept in since the days of "The Good Life".Assuming you got the blessing from any neighbours, council, various health conscious bodies would probably still come into effect.Can I ask why you want to keep Chicken, regular eggs aside.

I have thought about all of that. As im in the countryside it shouldnt be a problem. I want to rescue ex battery hens and give them a better life.

Mum2Connor&Cerys;6226345

All I know is whatever best secure from foxes etc.

thanks for reminding me. :thumbsup:

Humphman;6226571

Hope you don't live near me lol !!I don't want any clucking (not mispelt) … Hope you don't live near me lol !!I don't want any clucking (not mispelt) chickens waking me up every morning !!!!!!!

lol no i dont live near you. to be honest chickens only tend to cluck when theyve just laid an egg or sometimes when they are scrounging for food.

leecher;6226589

I know nothing about keeping chickens...but.....good on you I think … I know nothing about keeping chickens...but.....good on you I think everyone should be encouraged to do this and people who moan about the noise should go back to eating their reformed and processed food and stop moaning when they and their kids are.//terminate rant script.

lol thanks. im a veterinary nurse so i know a fair bit about keeping them. i agree that more people should be encouraged to do these things if they can. not just for chickens but vegetables and other things.

A Refugee home for former battery animals, all applying for asylum in from your Rescue Farm©, with Bill Oddy commentating on the harsh life of a poor Chicken and how it's political views of equal free range rights were causing them grief. Followed by

Followed by the Daily Mail/Express all moaning about these bloody asylum seeking animals and how they should all go back to their batteries be grateful for what they have.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller66
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      3. word association Game74044544
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468

See more discussions