Groups

Got fake Baywatch DVD's from CDWOW

Banned
    It's not listed on their website any more but it was £3.99 the cover is completely different to the one listed on blahdvd and is region free. The photos are terrible the menus on the DVD are terrible it just stinks of fake! and it came from Hong Kong which I thought was weird

16 Comments

Banned

one for watchdog maybe? lol

The ones i received when they were £2.49 (season 1 and 2) at cdwow were real enough (or seem to be).. they came from hong kong too..
    However they do have differant cover art, and boxes, to blahdvd, and are region free..

Original Poster Banned

Beefnoodlez;4995023

The ones i received when they were £2.49 (season 1 and 2) at cdwow were … The ones i received when they were £2.49 (season 1 and 2) at cdwow were real enough (or seem to be).. they came from hong kong too..However they do have differant cover art, and boxes, to blahdvd, and are region free..

Australia is Region 4
    Hong Kong is Region 3 or 6

so they shouldn't be region free

its funny when it happens to someone else

is it the the one from the Borat film? he cried

Original Poster Banned

magicbeans;4995603

its funny when it happens to someone else

Alfonse;4995631

is it the the one from the Borat film? he cried

You posted in the wrong thread?

You could contact FACT and there is a guide on there which might help confirm whether it is fake.....
    fact-uk.org.uk/sit…htm

lumoruk;4995640

You posted in the wrong thread?

nah ///ur post made me laugh...i felt bad i was laughing

Original Poster Banned

It says this on the PDF of that site

"No legitimate DVDs are sold
    in “ALL” Zone Region codes"

Banned

Does it have the proper theme tune on it?

The proper ones didnt get clearance

Original Poster Banned

vibeone;4996392

Does it have the proper theme tune on it?The proper ones didnt get … Does it have the proper theme tune on it?The proper ones didnt get clearance

I never watched the 1st series but it's not the theme tune I remember

Its the right theme tune, the godawful one they scrapped for the seasons after season 1..

lumoruk;4996382

It says this on the PDF of that site"No legitimate DVDs are soldin “ALL” Z … It says this on the PDF of that site"No legitimate DVDs are soldin “ALL” Zone Region codes"

the same site states, 'A genuine DVD:

* Cannot be bought from fly pitchers, street sellers, or door to door sales persons.'

*Will, in most circumstances, not be sold from open air markets, car boot sales etc

Of course i can buy a genuine dvd from the above, not everyone is selling fakes..

but the region 0 thing is a bit dodgy.. its usually only games that have that..i think..?

Original Poster Banned

What I do remember however is I never noticed all the half naked ladies on it when I was little :oops:

i dont remember it having such awful 2 bob productions and the hoff throwing himself from helicopters at moving speedboats and stuff.. but for £2.49 im not complaining, after all it does have all the half naked ladies mentioned above ;-)

I really doubt cd wow would sell fake dvds. Its Rep would go down the pan!!!!

I got season 1 and 2 of baywatch from them. Seemed fine!!!

Most of CD wow stock comes from HK I thought. Nothing new there!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1632
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1220
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764435
      4. Anyone else used www.completesavings.co.uk11

See more discussions