Found 26th Sep 2008
Been to the doctors today because my big toe was very painful. He says I have gout. Thought this was for old men.
I'm38.
Does that mean I am old?
Oh well.
Anybody seen any good deals on old man pipe and slippers an cloth cap?.

16 Comments

lol....I had it when I was 30 working in germany. Very, very painful.

Turned out it was eating too many sausages! Eating too much protein or red wine can bring it on.

Isn't this usually brought on by eating too much good, rich food ?

When hubby went away on buisness to USA 3 out of 5 of them came back with this !!

Banned

Too much sausage :roll:

If you ever get the pipe 'n' slippers, I can sell you a Rover 75 to go along with the look!

[CENTER]There you go ..............x

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38720000/jpg/_38720671_pipeslippers_150.jpg[/CENTER]

Don't forget the subscription to Reader's Digest:whistling:

Original Poster

Thank you all.
Off to bed now.Got to go down the allotment tomorrow.

Joking aside. Have convinced the OH that I need to keep my feet up over the weekend.

Can't decide whether to play the playstation or read a book.

Might get this gout once a month.

mum had it a while back..very painful..get well soon mate

awwwwwww bless you. my dad gets it terrible in his foot and it looks very painful. hope it gets better soon:thumbsup:

oh and no 38 isn't old:roll:

Gout is caused by too much uric acid in the blood, its formed by eating certain foods. The body rids itself of uric acid through the urine, but some people produce too much uric acid or cannot dispose of it fast enough and levels build up. Often the excess is converted into sharp crystals that settle in and around joints and other tissues, triggering inflammation and the excruiating pain associated with gout. Drink lots of water to dilute the urine and lower uric acid levels, avoid alcohol, keep weight down, avoid fats, refined carbs,excess protein and foods containing purines. Eating fresh or canned cherries help keep gout at bay as does cherry juice . Hope this helps you , get better soon ;-)

Just been diagnosed with this (ontop of my many other medical problems!). It is extremely painful. Does anyone else live with this?

Original Poster

hocka

Just been diagnosed with this (ontop of my many other medical problems!). … Just been diagnosed with this (ontop of my many other medical problems!). It is extremely painful. Does anyone else live with this?

I took the tablets given to me by the doctor. Cleared it up within a week. I have had again once or twice since, but the same tablets sort it out.
Edited by: "wee_paul" 14th Jul 2014

Where did you have it? mines in my knee. The pain is shocking. Its reassuring to know it dosent flair up all the time!

hocka

Where did you have it? mines in my knee. The pain is shocking. Its … Where did you have it? mines in my knee. The pain is shocking. Its reassuring to know it dosent flair up all the time!

I don't suffer from gout but my neighbour does..curry is a no no..cherry juice definitely helps. We were trying to find other natural remedies and were surprised to find the Romans introduced ground elder to make an infusion of it's leaves to drink as a remedy.

Funny, Ive just read about Cherrys. Luckily I love them. O only ever eat Masala curry once every 6 weeks approx. I cant believe how painful it is. Its in my knee and I have loads of other health problems, making crutches very difficult to use. I dont know how much more I can take TBH. Im fed up of being in pain. I hope to God this eases off soon and dosent flair up ever again.
Thanks for your advice, any thing to help is most welcome!

Original Poster

My Gout was in my big toe and I know what you mean about the pain.
Bedclothes touching my toe was agony. Putting on a pair of socks, bloody hell.
I know most of us would prefer a natural remedy but when you are in pain just get rid of it by taking the tablets and then monitor what you eat. I used to get a warning in my big toe, like a needle being pushed in. If I ever get this I make sure I avoid the trigger foods.

Good luck and I hope this and your other health issues ease up.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How to remove bar at bottom of screen on ios 11.0.334
    2. Switch from BT to BT same property different person632
    3. Home CCTV system advice.22
    4. Christmas presents49

See more discussions