Got PAC code but 14 day cooling off ends today

Posted 20th Dec 2019
Currently with three, I’m waiting for my new SIM card from smarty but I won’t be able to use the pac code until it arrives & my 14 days cooling off period ends today, any suggestions how I can over come this problem?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
You will need to contact Three again if it expires and they will give you a new one
Arto20/12/2019 15:41

You will need to contact Three again if it expires and they will give you …You will need to contact Three again if it expires and they will give you a new one

thank you
Istanbul20/12/2019 15:46

thank you

14 day cooling off period? PAC codes are valid for a 30 days iirc.
alg20/12/2019 15:49

14 day cooling off period? PAC codes are valid for a 30 days iirc.

i agreed a new contract with three on the 6th dec which is 14 days today. i got my pac code on the 10th dec which is still valid but i wont be able to use it until my new sim arrives from smarty but by the time it arrives i be going over my 14 days ?
Edited by: "Istanbul" 20th Dec 2019
Istanbul20/12/2019 15:52

i agreed a new contract with three on the 6th dec which is 14 days today. …i agreed a new contract with three on the 6th dec which is 14 days today. i got my pac code on the 10th dec which is still valid but i wont be able to use it until my new sim arrives from smarty but by the time it arrives i be going over my 14 days ?

Ah - ok. Grab a sim from somewhere, port it to them, and then to Smarty when it arrives.
alg20/12/2019 16:00

Ah - ok. Grab a sim from somewhere, port it to them, and then to Smarty …Ah - ok. Grab a sim from somewhere, port it to them, and then to Smarty when it arrives.

your a legend, thank you very much . I had a pay and go sim somewhere at home
Istanbul20/12/2019 15:46

...my 14 days cooling off period ends today, any suggestions how I can …...my 14 days cooling off period ends today, any suggestions how I can over come this problem?

If you actively notified 3 of your intention to cancel the contract within 14 days of receipt of 3's SIM and 3 has acknowledged your cancellation instruction then you have discharged your obligation to complete the full contract term and the provider would normally and simply subsequently bill you for the services used on a pro rata basis until you implemented the PAC.
If you have simply requested a PAC but not notified 3 of your specific intention to cancel the contract within the 14 days cooling off period and do not use the PAC within the 14DCOP then subsequent use of the PAC beyond the 14DCOP may be interpreted as early termination of the contract and full term cost may be due.
Probably prudent to contact 3 today to confirm your intentions and clarify obligations, maybe by chat so you have option to record responses.
Istanbul20/12/2019 16:03

my 14 days cooling off period ends today... your a legend, thank you …my 14 days cooling off period ends today... your a legend, thank you very much . I had a pay and go sim somewhere at home

Even if you provide PAC to new provider today (Friday PM) the port will likely not occur until earliest Mon more likely Tues which is presumably outside the 14DCOP.
You need to ensure that 3 has received and accepted your specific notification to cancel the contract within 14DCOP, then use PAC at your leisure.
AndyRoyd20/12/2019 16:14

If you actively notified 3 of your intention to cancel the contract within …If you actively notified 3 of your intention to cancel the contract within 14 days of receipt of 3's SIM and 3 has acknowledged your cancellation instruction then you have discharged your obligation to complete the full contract term and the provider would normally and simply subsequently bill you for the services used on a pro rata basis until you implemented the PAC.If you have simply requested a PAC but not notified 3 of your specific intention to cancel the contract within the 14 days cooling off period and do not use the PAC within the 14DCOP then subsequent use of the PAC beyond the 14DCOP may be interpreted as early termination of the contract and full term cost may be due.Probably prudent to contact 3 today to confirm your intentions and clarify obligations, maybe by chat so you have option to record responses.

Thank you andy, appreciate your time and cooperation, manage to speak to EE and gave them the pac code, they said it should go through on monday.
AndyRoyd20/12/2019 16:19

Even if you provide PAC to new provider today (Friday PM) the port will …Even if you provide PAC to new provider today (Friday PM) the port will likely not occur until earliest Mon more likely Tues which is presumably outside the 14DCOP.You need to ensure that 3 has received and accepted your specific notification to cancel the contract within 14DCOP, then use PAC at your leisure.

yes that's exactly what they said, monday or tuesday, I hope it goes through
Istanbul20/12/2019 16:29

Thank you andy, appreciate your time and cooperation, manage to speak to …Thank you andy, appreciate your time and cooperation, manage to speak to EE and gave them the pac code, they said it should go through on monday.

Use of the PAC is likely of no relevance as its implementation will be outside 14DCOP. More important: have you specifically notified 3 of your intention to cancel the contract and has 3 acknowledged your intention to cancel? Possibly ultimately important: did you puchase the 3 product in-store or via web/phone?
AndyRoyd20/12/2019 16:36

Use of the PAC is likely of no relevance as its implementation will be …Use of the PAC is likely of no relevance as its implementation will be outside 14DCOP. More important: have you specifically notified 3 of your intention to cancel the contract and has 3 acknowledged your intention to cancel? Possibly ultimately important: did you puchase the 3 product in-store or via web/phone?

i'm on the phone to Three now to let them know. curious what they will say
AndyRoyd20/12/2019 16:36

Use of the PAC is likely of no relevance as its implementation will be …Use of the PAC is likely of no relevance as its implementation will be outside 14DCOP. More important: have you specifically notified 3 of your intention to cancel the contract and has 3 acknowledged your intention to cancel? Possibly ultimately important: did you puchase the 3 product in-store or via web/phone?

OK, glad i called three, by given the pac code to a different network provider doesn't mean three will close my account, i had to reverse the upgrade which means i now won't need to pay a termination fee. lesson learnt. thanks again Andy, big help from you today which i couldn't even get from close friends
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants