Groups

got payed today and...

new owners of where i work are trying to pay me below minimum wage as i said how much they ow me for 8 days and they only gave me £150 for it all!-about £18 a day for managing about 10 acres
    probably leaving soon now as trying to overwork me all the time lol

68 Comments

Well that was clear as mud :thinking:

18 quid a day?? jees! shocking!

Banned

the answers in your username

Banned

its them 8 day weeks that really sting you

Original Poster

barky;8749052

18 quid a day?? jees! shocking!

i know-for 8 hour days
    was ment to be on £35 that i thought was bad lol

If you've been employed properly, and not cash in hand :whistling:, then the law is your friend.

how old are you? minimum wage is different for under 18's isnt it?

Original Poster

loupomm;8749171

how old are you? minimum wage is different for under 18's isnt it?

yeer almost 18 ,think i will leave tommorow as they dont seem to appreciate my hard work;-)

Original Poster

xcookx;8749157

If you've been employed properly, and not cash in hand :whistling:, then … If you've been employed properly, and not cash in hand :whistling:, then the law is your friend.

yeer it was cash in hand although it use to allways be done properly

Banned

casparwhite;8749060

its them 8 day weeks that really sting you

lol ,i do a four day week based on an eight day week...:?

Errrm -

8 hour day? how many days a week?

The minimum wage for 16-17 year old is £3.57

Banned

Becksdawe;8749349

Errrm -8 hour day? how many days a week?The minimum wage for 16-17 year … Errrm -8 hour day? how many days a week?The minimum wage for 16-17 year old is £3.57

surely mc d,s pays more than that!

Supermod

...uh oh...I earn more than your one day in just over 1 hour...

RFC;8749387

More that likely

Original Poster

Becksdawe;8749349

Errrm -8 hour day? how many days a week?The minimum wage for 16-17 year … Errrm -8 hour day? how many days a week?The minimum wage for 16-17 year old is £3.57

2 days a week for 8hours a day-should be getting alot more though for what i do

JACKIT99;8749405

2 days a week for 8hours a day-should be getting alot more though for … 2 days a week for 8hours a day-should be getting alot more though for what i do

And is this a weekly pay or monthly?

Banned

magicjay1986;8749390

so does just about everyone nowadays..

Original Poster

Becksdawe;8749424

And is this a weekly pay or monthly?

monthly:oops:
    i know i can do alot better as should be on more like £8/hour doing this job;-)

magicjay1986;8749390

I earn it in about 45 mins, just a shame i can't work many hours per week

Supermod

RFC;8749434

Evidently not. Otherwise this thread wouldnt exist ;-)

Supermod

sancho1983;8749456

I earn it in about 45 mins, just a shame i can't work many hours per week … I earn it in about 45 mins, just a shame i can't work many hours per week

Mine is after tax so about £23.40 per hour before tax.

Shame, as you say, that I dont work over the mandatory 36 hours!

JACKIT99;8749450

monthly:oops:i know i can do alot better as should be on more like … monthly:oops:i know i can do alot better as should be on more like £8/hour doing this job;-)

Legally, you have nowhere to stand on with regards to you being on £8 an hours - long as they pay minimum wage.

Next question would be - breaks - assume there not paid for.

Becksdawe;8749483

Legally, you have nowhere to stand on with regards to you being on £8 an … Legally, you have nowhere to stand on with regards to you being on £8 an hours - long as they pay minimum wage.Next question would be - breaks - assume there not paid for.

I think you've misunderstood, he thinks he should earn £8 per hour, but he actually earns £18 per day (for 8 hours per day)

Although he also says he works 8 days a week, so i'm not entirely sure he's all there tbh

sancho1983;8749513

I think you've misunderstood, he thinks he should earn £8 per hour, but … I think you've misunderstood, he thinks he should earn £8 per hour, but he actually earns £18 per day (for 8 hours per day)Although he also says he works 8 days a week, so i'm not entirely sure he's all there tbh

Maybe I have - it's been a long day

Supermod

sancho1983;8749513

I think you've misunderstood, he thinks he should earn £8 per hour, but … I think you've misunderstood, he thinks he should earn £8 per hour, but he actually earns £18 per day (for 8 hours per day)Although he also says he works 8 days a week, so i'm not entirely sure he's all there tbh

He didnt say this. He said that they owe him for 8 days work.

I'd leave, and make a phone call to the nice people @ HM Revenue and Customs! :thumbsup:

Banned

magicjay1986;8749460

Evidently not. Otherwise this thread wouldnt exist ;-)

i will quote myself as you clearly missed my point last time around

RFC:

jeez, why are you tring to big yourself up on this poor guys thread anyway,
    are you trying to make him feel worse,or yourself better.......:?

Original Poster

jonny619447;8749533

I'd leave, and make a phone call to the nice people @ HM Revenue and … I'd leave, and make a phone call to the nice people @ HM Revenue and Customs! :thumbsup:

i'll get the other £100 quid they ow me and then leave:thumbsup:
    cant stand being messed about like this;-)

Cheers.

Banned

JACKIT99;8749582

i'll get the other £100 quid they ow me and then leave:thumbsup:cant … i'll get the other £100 quid they ow me and then leave:thumbsup:cant stand being messed about like this;-)Cheers.

good luck kid..:thumbsup:

£18 a day for managing about 10 acres

To be fair thats the going rate for motivating trees to grwo

JACKIT99;8749582

i'll get the other £100 quid they ow me and then leave:thumbsup:cant … i'll get the other £100 quid they ow me and then leave:thumbsup:cant stand being messed about like this;-)Cheers.

£72.08 - assuming breaks are paid
    £44.32 assuming breaks aren't paid

going on the minimum wage of £3.47

I am shocked!!!....

I couldn't believe this many grammatical errors could be made in one sentence!

"new owners of where i work are trying to pay me below minimum wage as i said how much they ow me for 8 days and they only gave me £150 for it all!-about £18 a day for managing about 10 acres
    probably leaving soon now as trying to overwork me all the time lol"

Banned

nebno6;8749594

£18 a day for managing about 10 acresTo be fair thats the going rate for … £18 a day for managing about 10 acresTo be fair thats the going rate for motivating trees to grwo

really, i got 2 acres for asking the wife for a tenner . "ahh forget it":-D

Original Poster

nebno6;8749594

£18 a day for managing about 10 acresTo be fair thats the going rate for … £18 a day for managing about 10 acresTo be fair thats the going rate for motivating trees to grwo

umm strimming,cutting down trees,painting and the list goes on:thumbsup:

Banned

ei8hty5ive;8749676

I am shocked!!!....I couldn't believe this many grammatical errors could … I am shocked!!!....I couldn't believe this many grammatical errors could be made in one sentence!Quote"new owners of where i work are trying to pay me below minimum wage as i said how much they ow me for 8 days and they only gave me £150 for it all!-about £18 a day for managing about 10 acresprobably leaving soon now as trying to overwork me all the time lol"

leave it .....................he might be polish!

ei8hty5ive;8749676

I am shocked!!!....I couldn't believe this many grammatical errors could … I am shocked!!!....I couldn't believe this many grammatical errors could be made in one sentence!Quote"new owners of where i work are trying to pay me below minimum wage as i said how much they ow me for 8 days and they only gave me £150 for it all!-about £18 a day for managing about 10 acresprobably leaving soon now as trying to overwork me all the time lol"

For making an extremely relevant comment within the context of this thread i award you...

http://www.csrplus.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/blue_peter_badge.jpg

:thumbsup:

I'm honoured!

ei8hty5ive;8749885

I'm honoured!

[CENTER]http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/4294/sarcometer6ii6ixhy9.jpg[/CENTER]

ei8hty5ive;8749676

Why get involved? You'd hate it if people picked on your faults. He will learn just like the rest of us.

Whilst there are errors, his post is perfectly understandable, so there is no need to pick up faults.

RFC;8749387

When i worked at Mcds, it was 16 - 18 got £3.50 an hour, 19 - 21 got £4.70 and 22+ got £5.20 an hour (which is less than min wage, for some reason mcds get away with paying that.)

Even if someone is desperate for money i advise against working there.

Back to OP, start stealing stuff to make up for money loss lol, dunno what you can steal where you work though, maybe a ride on lawn mower?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044541
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767380
      3. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?11
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1218

See more discussions