Got penalty fare

Posted 11th Jan
Got a penalty fare of £40 because I didn’t tap in however I did. What’s best to do? Any ideas
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
Appeal
Check your bank statement to confirm you did? If its failed somehow then i suppose there isnt much you can do? Its £40, i wouldnt waste too much of your time on it.
winzzz11/01/2020 21:50

Appeal

Yeah in process of doing that .. just a bad luck day am having 😩
SteMoss11/01/2020 21:51

Check your bank statement to confirm you did? If its failed somehow then i …Check your bank statement to confirm you did? If its failed somehow then i suppose there isnt much you can do? Its £40, i wouldnt waste too much of your time on it.

it’s on the oyster, plus I had a similar situation where I tapped in at Stratford when exiting but didn’t recognise the journey where I started from so I don’t know if there’s something wrong with the actual machine or my Oyster card which is annoying and then today boom these baskets had to caught me somehow which is isn’t even my fault if the stupid system don’t work 🤪
Taz0911/01/2020 21:55

it’s on the oyster, plus I had a similar situation where I tapped in at S … it’s on the oyster, plus I had a similar situation where I tapped in at Stratford when exiting but didn’t recognise the journey where I started from so I don’t know if there’s something wrong with the actual machine or my Oyster card which is annoying and then today boom these baskets had to caught me somehow which is isn’t even my fault if the stupid system don’t work 🤪

I’m sure you will be camera tapping in so appeal and request that they look at cctv. Also get your card checked as they may be a problem with it and might have to be replaced
Arto11/01/2020 21:59

I’m sure you will be camera tapping in so appeal and request that they l …I’m sure you will be camera tapping in so appeal and request that they look at cctv. Also get your card checked as they may be a problem with it and might have to be replaced

Ahhh nice I’ll see what they say to that but would they be bothered to check all that
Taz0911/01/2020 22:03

Ahhh nice I’ll see what they say to that but would they be bothered to c …Ahhh nice I’ll see what they say to that but would they be bothered to check all that

Well they have a whole tv show based on that so they should.
Edited by: "MadeDixonsCry" 12th Jan
Taz0911/01/2020 22:03

Ahhh nice I’ll see what they say to that but would they be bothered to c …Ahhh nice I’ll see what they say to that but would they be bothered to check all that

Well if you eventually take it to court then it would have to be looked at for evidence into the case
powerbrick11/01/2020 22:10

Comment deleted

Yeah could do but it’s just annoying that am a regular traveller and I see hell a lot of people abusing the system without paying fares so I’ll be more than happy for more people to abuse it now
Arto11/01/2020 22:11

Well if you eventually take it to court then it would have to be looked at …Well if you eventually take it to court then it would have to be looked at for evidence into the case

Why not might aswell have some fun with it and waste their time
Taz0911/01/2020 21:55

it’s on the oyster, plus I had a similar situation where I tapped in at S … it’s on the oyster, plus I had a similar situation where I tapped in at Stratford when exiting but didn’t recognise the journey where I started from so I don’t know if there’s something wrong with the actual machine or my Oyster card which is annoying and then today boom these baskets had to caught me somehow which is isn’t even my fault if the stupid system don’t work 🤪

Log in to your Oyster account and click on specific journey. There have been a few occasions when either I forgot or the tap did not register but in each case, I could later log in and choose the station from the drop down list. There was another box with reason codes. Within a couple of days, the penalty excess was refunded. What probably also helped was these were my usual stations. Twice, the TfL system auto selected the station for me based on my use pattern.

TfL link
Edited by: "bozo007" 11th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions