Groups

Got skimmed on my credit card

Dont believe it! Was just reading on here the other day a discussion about credit card details being ripped off via online websites (one a really well known outfit for computer games) and bugger me if I dont find £550 gone at the start of June marked 'Western Union' - typical.

And it was a Visa which has the extra verified visa stages to ensure additional protection. Phoned the bank and they were good and said I should get my money back but it will take around 2 weeks.

I was just wondering if anyone else got something like this around the same time?

9 Comments

Original Poster

Yep same for me - cancelled my card this morning - interesting that they only!!!!! took that amount and didnt clear a few hundred more - guess it would be too suspicious. Unfortunately, I am off to France for the Le Mans tomorrow so its a real pain.

marmalade47;5456917

Yep same for me - cancelled my card this morning - interesting that they … Yep same for me - cancelled my card this morning - interesting that they only!!!!! took that amount and didnt clear a few hundred more - guess it would be too suspicious. Unfortunately, I am off to France for the Le Mans tomorrow so its a real pain.

awsome wish i was goin to le mans

I've used shopto in past but not for a while now,well over a year since I ordered there but not had my card done.

starsparkle2311;5456851

yup, me last wednesday, only £30 tho', 02 prepay!!!!New card on it's … yup, me last wednesday, only £30 tho', 02 prepay!!!!New card on it's way:roll:

just found out 10 mins ago same as you 2 £15 top up 02 prepay both on the 1st of this month
    just got off phone with bank New card on it's way

Last year someone had got our details for our credit card, we realized a bill had not come so checked the account on line and found purchases for itunes, alloy wheels and sky tv + more, which amounted to £1000. When contacted the card company they wouldnt accept my husbands passwords etc and it turned out the fraudsters had somehow changed it all and our address to theirs, so we went to our account only to find the persons name and their address(how they did that we will never know!!!), thats why we hadnt received a credit card bill.got our money back eventually.

What is it with this 02 pre pay i mine got done last month with 02 pre pay ?

starsparkle2311;5458133

I know, the last time I got done, it was Orange, all for pennies and then … I know, the last time I got done, it was Orange, all for pennies and then they took £80 out, surprised they didn't try for more, maybe they checked my account first and took pity on me:w00t:Pleased I'm not the only one, well I'm not pleased it happened to anyone, but you know what I mean?

i had 2 £30 pre paid from vodafone from my one! and also they attempted to use it again after that but my card company blocked it. how on earth did shoptonet lose the details (if they did)

got done for a £30 tesco mobile top-up, i too have used shop-to. Won't be using again

Bank sorted really quick to be fair but still a pain

having looked back from my accounts though, i dont think it was this card i used for shoptonet

so maybe in my case it wasnt to do with them
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)49395
      2. Find out how good your GP surgery is1111
      3. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism46
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846214

See more discussions