Groups

Got some left over paper Canadian currency . How do i change them ? as sainsburys will not buy them.

Got some left over " paper" Canadian currency . How do i change them ? Sainsburys will not buy them.
    Said they have polymer money now.
    Any advise how to change them to UK Pound or to the new Canadian polymer currency ?
    Thanks..

14 Comments

go to the bank?

I just put my left over USA currency in my bank account

Original Poster

In your UK bank ?? ... You can do that ?

jcaho7

In your UK bank ?? ... You can do that ?

Yeap just a standard Barclays account

sainsbury's isnt the be all end all, try any high street bank

This bloke with a funny accent down my pub will give you 20p in the £1, no questions asked.....;)

You can do it in bank branches in Canada but in the UK not so sure. There are services like leftovercurrency.com which will buy them off you and take a cut. Alternatively if you are in London try one of the Canadian banks

is the issue here that your left over currency is no longer in circulation in canada?

Original Poster

mutley1

is the issue here that your left over currency is no longer in … is the issue here that your left over currency is no longer in circulation in canada?

Yes... ​Was told by sainsburys, Canada now have polymer money . Just like our new £5...so they can't accept it.

jcaho7

Yes... Was told by sainsburys, Canada now have polymer money . Just like … Yes... Was told by sainsburys, Canada now have polymer money . Just like our new £5...so they can't accept it.

i guess foreigners would have the same problem trying to change the old paper £5 note abroad. your best bet is to ask your bank if you can put it into your account but you may be stuffed as it is out of circulation. you will need to send it to the canadian central bank, equivalent to the bank of england if that fails.

jcaho7

Yes... Was told by sainsburys, Canada now have polymer money . Just like … Yes... Was told by sainsburys, Canada now have polymer money . Just like our new £5...so they can't accept it.

How much do you have?

Original Poster

Muir

How much do you have?

​Just enough for a nice UK takeaway meal... X) .. Better than nothing, i guess...

Original Poster

...Thanks to everyone who replied. EXCELLENT ADVISE. I went to my bank and they accepted it... .... Deposited into my account as well....Never knew that.... Looks like a nice UK takeaway for me tonight !

jcaho7

great to hear good news. enjoy.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2121
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 3977
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414
      4. Win a Free minion usb stick22

See more discussions