Groups

Got to lose 20lbs (1st 8lbs) in 2 weeks

Banned
    I know extreme weight loss is bad for you blah, blah, blah, but I have to lose 20lbs by Saturday 3rd October, just 13 days from now (including today).

I am generally a bit of a slob, watch sky sports for most of the day, sitting in my own dirt (as lily allen would say). Weighed myself today with the wii fit and it put me in at 13st 10lbs, and a BMI of 29.80!!!

I have family that have not visited me in a long time coming to stay that weekend, and I am ashamed with myself, so decided rapid weight loss is the way to go.

So how you can help is suggestions of foods and exercise I can do to assist rapid weight loss. If I die from a heart attack in the process thats my problem not yours.

Cheers for your support in advance

112 Comments

Don't be so ridiculous. Your family will love you no matter what. if you want to make a change, then do it, for good, not just because you need to look good in 13 days.

amputate your leg

Original Poster Banned

I have been for a 4 mile run (and some walking when I got stitch) did 5 bicep lifts on the play pay climbing frame, and 10 sit ups using the slide :lol:

You wont loose that much weight in 2 week, deal with it.

Although you could starve yourself for 2 weeks, just eat laxatives but you'll prob end up looking worst then when you are chubby

i dont think its possible
    could try lighterlife but its expensive

Original Poster Banned

hassony;6349546

amputate your leg

:lol: Hey didn't think about that, good thinking batman ;-)

Original Poster Banned

ChipSticks;6349544

Don't be so ridiculous. Your family will love you no matter what. if you … Don't be so ridiculous. Your family will love you no matter what. if you want to make a change, then do it, for good, not just because you need to look good in 13 days.

Yeah I know that, its more for my own pride, than for them, if you get what i mean :thumbsup:

Thanks for the appreciation all the same

you aint gonna lose that in 2 weeks, but i suggest sticking to a few hunderd cals below your recomended calorie intake per day for your age sex etc (easily found on google) and go out for a 40 min run every day, you will prob lose 6-7pound in 2 weeks max

edjaned;6349557

i dont think its possiblecould try lighterlife but its expensive

Do you read the news?
    people are dying doing that diet, 500 cals a days, total bs IMO, 500 cals a day is starvation

you're going about this all wrong.

So you need to feel good about yourself as family is coming round.... surely your weight isnt the only indicator of how well you are and how well you're doing?

Eat and exercise healthily and prize your achievements for what they are, if anyone judges you, then their opinions arent worth taking into account anyway x x

Original Poster Banned

Chidda;6349554

You wont loose that much weight in 2 week, deal with it.Although you … You wont loose that much weight in 2 week, deal with it.Although you could starve yourself for 2 weeks, just eat laxatives but you'll prob end up looking worst then when you are chubby

I did this before and lost just over a stone in weight, by speed walking and a hefty fat free diet. So I know it is possible. I dont really want to use pills, they seem too drastic for me, if that makes sense :?

Original Poster Banned

edjaned;6349557

i dont think its possiblecould try lighterlife but its expensive

lighter life? :?

Cannot lose that amount of weight (healthly) in that time frame. However a suggestion I have is run till your heart pumps battery acid. Do a bleep test and only stop when you are about to throw up.

1. If you know that is it bad for you don't eat it.

2. Eat 6 times per day.

3. Exercise.

ChipSticks;6349578

Do you read the news? people are dying doing that diet, 500 cals a days, … Do you read the news? people are dying doing that diet, 500 cals a days, total bs IMO, 500 cals a day is starvation

no not read about that :oops:

forget the lighter life then op

Original Poster Banned

kungfu;6349574

you aint gonna lose that in 2 weeks, but i suggest sticking to a few … you aint gonna lose that in 2 weeks, but i suggest sticking to a few hunderd cals below your recomended calorie intake per day for your age sex etc (easily found on google) and go out for a 40 min run every day, you will prob lose 6-7pound in 2 weeks max

Thanks for the positive comment. I want to try a military style training routine, where i dont give up on myself, keep pushing til I drop sort of style. Certainly calorie intake has gone way down below my daily recommended :thumbsup:

I will keep you informed of how my progress goes :thumbsup:

liposuction...

ChipSticks;6349544

Don't be so ridiculous. Your family will love you no matter what. if you … Don't be so ridiculous. Your family will love you no matter what. if you want to make a change, then do it, for good, not just because you need to look good in 13 days.

+1

but if you really want/need to lose weight
    get of your computer - NOW!!! - go walk to tesco and asda and morrisons - should take about 3 hours if they are in your vicinity - then come back and post all misprices

repeat this daily for next 10 days - you will have lost some weight walking and made us - and yourself - richer and happier :thumbsup:

I doubt that you will loose that much in 2 weeks!
    You could make an appointment to see your GP who will no doubt give you a good healthy diet plan or maybe if you eat only fruit & veg for 2 weeks & exercise as much as possible you will manage to get rid of a half stone.
    I would not recommend this diet for more than a couple of weeks though!

sculpturatus;6349571

Yeah I know that, its more for my own pride, than for them, if you get … Yeah I know that, its more for my own pride, than for them, if you get what i mean :thumbsup:Thanks for the appreciation all the same

If it's for your own pride then you need to make the decision to change for yourself, not just because your family is coming to visit.

there's no way you can lose that much weight in 13 days, it's not possible, so just stop that frame of mind now, you're wasting energy. lol

just start making changes for yourself, stick to healthy eating, and get up off your bum

Original Poster Banned

ChipSticks;6349578

Do you read the news? people are dying doing that diet, 500 cals a days, … Do you read the news? people are dying doing that diet, 500 cals a days, total bs IMO, 500 cals a day is starvation

Are there any decent calorie counter thingies on the t'internet you know of

Banned

sculpturatus;6349593

I did this before and lost just over a stone in weight, by speed walking … I did this before and lost just over a stone in weight, by speed walking and a hefty fat free diet. So I know it is possible. I dont really want to use pills, they seem too drastic for me, if that makes sense :?

You want to lose 20 lbs in 2 weeks - that's pretty drastic.

Put simply, you can't.

I'd say the most would be 8-11 lbs in two weeks by cutting right down to a tin of tuna a day, plenty of coffee and cigarettes as well as a heck of a lot of walking.

If you do, which I wouldn't recommend, carry a mars bar for when your blood sugar drops and you begin to feel woozy.

Dont base your weight on wii fit.

get some scales.

Banned

sculpturatus;6349600

lighter life? :?

Don't bother. It's a waste of money. Starvation diets shouldn't end up costing you money.

Join Slimming World - no joke you will lose masses maybe not all the 20lbs but you will be well on the way to it by the time your family come visit.

Banned

sculpturatus;6349621

Thanks for the positive comment. I want to try a military style training … Thanks for the positive comment. I want to try a military style training routine, where i dont give up on myself, keep pushing til I drop sort of style. Certainly calorie intake has gone way down below my daily recommended :thumbsup:I will keep you informed of how my progress goes :thumbsup:

If you work out 'military-style', you'll end up building muscle and actually putting on a bit of weight.

Got to lose 20lbs (1st 8lbs) in 2 weeks

never going to happen

Original Poster Banned

Flodd;6349623

liposuction...

I wish :-D

FilthAndFurry;6349641

You want to lose 20 lbs in 2 weeks - that's pretty drastic.Put simply, … You want to lose 20 lbs in 2 weeks - that's pretty drastic.Put simply, you can't.I'd say the most would be 8-11 lbs in two weeks by cutting right down to a tin of tuna a day, plenty of coffee and cigarettes as well as a heck of a lot of walking.If you do, which I wouldn't recommend, carry a mars bar for when your blood sugar drops and you begin to feel woozy.

Why on earth would you offer advice telling someone to eat a tin of tuna a day?

even following it with "i wouldn't recommend it" it's bad advice.

Don't do anything drastic OP, you may feel low now, how will you feel when you have problems because you've been silly.

Original Poster Banned

holly100;6349625

+1but if you really want/need to lose weightget of your computer - NOW!!! … +1but if you really want/need to lose weightget of your computer - NOW!!! - go walk to tesco and asda and morrisons - should take about 3 hours if they are in your vicinity - then come back and post all mispricesrepeat this daily for next 10 days - you will have lost some weight walking and made us - and yourself - richer and happier :thumbsup:

Sounds like a plan :thumbsup:

I am now off to Tesco :lol:

I agree with everyone else....lose it for yourself and the time limit is a bit daft....but on the other hand...I managed to lose 12lbs in a week (first week) by doing the rosmary connely online diet (was my mums but I guessed the password and did it for free :p) and I was going swimming every day and swimming just over a mile in an hour.

worth mentioning...I stopped it cos I got talked outta it by my friends...It wasnt good and it wasnt healthy...I was already under pressure from uni...the 'regime' made me stop sleeping so I was just getting more and more exhausted every day and by the end of the week I was in an awful state!

Banned

ChipSticks;6349673

Why on earth would you offer advice telling someone to eat a tin of tuna … Why on earth would you offer advice telling someone to eat a tin of tuna a day?even following it with "i wouldn't recommend it" it's bad advice.Don't do anything drastic OP, you may feel low now, how will you feel when you have problems because you've been silly.

They asked how they could. I answered.

I wouldn't recommend it because it'll probably lead to a course of medication.

But the information is out there on the internet if they want it. Would you prefer I pretended it didn't and lied to them.

I treat people like adults.

Original Poster Banned

snowtiger;6349627

I doubt that you will loose that much in 2 weeks!You could make an … I doubt that you will loose that much in 2 weeks!You could make an appointment to see your GP who will no doubt give you a good healthy diet plan or maybe if you eat only fruit & veg for 2 weeks & exercise as much as possible you will manage to get rid of a half stone. I would not recommend this diet for more than a couple of weeks though!

Ahh no I definitely will be reducing my intensity once the 2 weeks is up. I will increse my calorie intake, but hope that I can keep the exercise regime up

Original Poster Banned

ChipSticks;6349635

If it's for your own pride then you need to make the decision to change … If it's for your own pride then you need to make the decision to change for yourself, not just because your family is coming to visit. there's no way you can lose that much weight in 13 days, it's not possible, so just stop that frame of mind now, you're wasting energy. loljust start making changes for yourself, stick to healthy eating, and get up off your bum

My family coming up is really on an excuse to get myself of my lazy :lazy: fat ass. As motivation is not my strong point. I am simply using them coming as an excuse to drive myself, if you get what I mean. But thanks for the comments, I will certainly be knocking on your door for advice and support after the 2 weeks :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

snowtiger;6349627

I doubt that you will loose that much in 2 weeks!You could make an … I doubt that you will loose that much in 2 weeks!You could make an appointment to see your GP who will no doubt give you a good healthy diet plan or maybe if you eat only fruit & veg for 2 weeks & exercise as much as possible you will manage to get rid of a half stone. I would not recommend this diet for more than a couple of weeks though!

My GP just said I was obese. I then smiled and was waiting for him to suggest I start eating differently or started an exercise regime, and he said 'thank you, come again' in apu style :-D

fireexit;6349653

Join Slimming World - no joke you will lose masses maybe not all the … Join Slimming World - no joke you will lose masses maybe not all the 20lbs but you will be well on the way to it by the time your family come visit.

is it better than weight watchers? will it be ok for a man to join?

Is it a good place to pick up some curvey Milfs?:whistling:

getting fit is a lifestyle choice, not something you do over 2weeks. you most you will lose is about 6lbs of FAT, the rest will be water/muscle.

please dont think you have any chance of losing 2stone in 2weeks, it will never happen, even if you eat nothing.

sculpturatus;6349714

My family coming up is really on an excuse to get myself of my lazy … My family coming up is really on an excuse to get myself of my lazy :lazy: fat ass. As motivation is not my strong point. I am simply using them coming as an excuse to drive myself, if you get what I mean. But thanks for the comments, I will certainly be knocking on your door for advice and support after the 2 weeks :thumbsup:

lol, I know all about lack of motivation, trust me

But setting yourself up with unrealistic goals is settings yourself up for a fall.

Why don't you try to lose 10lb in 2 weeks, this is way more realistic, you always lose more in your first week dieting. it will still be tough, but much more chance of doing it. Then set yourself another month maybe to lose the other 10lb.

Baby steps

Original Poster Banned

FilthAndFurry;6349641

You want to lose 20 lbs in 2 weeks - that's pretty drastic.Put simply, … You want to lose 20 lbs in 2 weeks - that's pretty drastic.Put simply, you can't.I'd say the most would be 8-11 lbs in two weeks by cutting right down to a tin of tuna a day, plenty of coffee and cigarettes as well as a heck of a lot of walking.If you do, which I wouldn't recommend, carry a mars bar for when your blood sugar drops and you begin to feel woozy.

I dont smoke, so I have cut them down as much as I can :lol:

I would be happy with 11lbs!! which I did a few years or so ago when i tried this before. I didn't have as much spare time on my hands back then though, so I am hoping that I can concentrate more on willing myself to do more.

Mars bar would push my calorie intake through the roof!! :w00t: I was thinking a bag of nuts or something, but good thinking :thumbsup:

black gerbil1;6349743

getting fit is a lifestyle choice, not something you do over 2weeks. you … getting fit is a lifestyle choice, not something you do over 2weeks. you most you will lose is about 6lbs of FAT, the rest will be water/muscle.please dont think you have any chance of losing 2stone in 2weeks, it will never happen, even if you eat nothing.

oh

my

god

A BG1 post that didn't make me cringe.

It's even sensible

I'm scared, the Matrix is damaged!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game72744173
      2. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio1424
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764355
      4. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism1118

See more discussions