Got VM broadband but already have VM at home

Posted 1st Apr
So I got the deal that was posted week before. 50£ Amazon voucher. I applied online and it went through. Yesterday I got an email saying. I already have VM at the home and I need account holder to cancel theirs so it becomes into one. Which is something I don't want to do.
I used to have my own one last year which I cancelled after two years due to price hike going near 40£ for 200mbp. So I know I can have two connections in the same household.

Now due to Covid 19. I'm not able to get contact with them as I don't have account number or area code.

What can I do?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Why 2 VM broadband connections within same house? Can you not share 1?
I share the In Laws VM and they live across the road.
yorkie1201/04/2020 12:32

I share the In Laws VM and they live across the road.

Wouldn't that be in their name and address?
Is your house split into two flats with different families living there? otherwise why on earth would you want to pay for 2 Virgin media broadband contracts.
Also I don't even know if VM could split the incoming cable into two different contracts.
bozo00701/04/2020 12:47

Wouldn't that be in their name and address?

It is and I only get around 20% to 40% of their speed (200Mb/s) but it's ok for free.
Just done a speed check 75Mb/s and 24ms ping that's the top end of what we usually get but average high 30's
Edited by: "yorkie12" 1st Apr
yorkie1201/04/2020 12:58

It is and I only get around 20% to 40% of their speed (200Mb/s) but it's …It is and I only get around 20% to 40% of their speed (200Mb/s) but it's ok for free. Just done a speed check 75Mb/s and 24ms ping that's the top end of what we usually get but average high 30's

Dig a trench and run a cable. Or add in some Wi-fi boosters
My house has family router which has like 15+ devices on it including 3 TVs which all use Netflix etc.

Im getting my own one for my pc/gaming. Router is downstairs, I'm getting very poor connection and disconnects alot. Having my own would guarantee no lose of connection/DC.

Now for my question, how do I get hold of these guys. Their freephone 0800 number, is closed yet open weekdays from 9am till 8pm. I can't use the 0300 number. They don't get back to me on twitter. So I'm stuck as the router should be arriving next Thursday. If there is any issues, I might be missing the £50 voucher.
Husla01/04/2020 14:50

My house has family router which has like 15+ devices on it including 3 …My house has family router which has like 15+ devices on it including 3 TVs which all use Netflix etc. Im getting my own one for my pc/gaming. Router is downstairs, I'm getting very poor connection and disconnects alot. Having my own would guarantee no lose of connection/DC. Now for my question, how do I get hold of these guys. Their freephone 0800 number, is closed yet open weekdays from 9am till 8pm. I can't use the 0300 number. They don't get back to me on twitter. So I'm stuck as the router should be arriving next Thursday. If there is any issues, I might be missing the £50 voucher.

Everyone's phone customer service team is either switched off or buried under calls.
bozo00701/04/2020 16:12

Everyone's phone customer service team is either switched off or buried …Everyone's phone customer service team is either switched off or buried under calls.

Figured that out. Not being able to contact them at all is the issue. They could cancel/ take few weeks more to help me.
Husla01/04/2020 14:50

My house has family router which has like 15+ devices on it including 3 …My house has family router which has like 15+ devices on it including 3 TVs which all use Netflix etc. Im getting my own one for my pc/gaming. Router is downstairs, I'm getting very poor connection and disconnects alot. Having my own would guarantee no lose of connection/DC. Now for my question, how do I get hold of these guys. Their freephone 0800 number, is closed yet open weekdays from 9am till 8pm. I can't use the 0300 number. They don't get back to me on twitter. So I'm stuck as the router should be arriving next Thursday. If there is any issues, I might be missing the £50 voucher.

You could temporarily solve the issue without extra wiring, by plugging a 'homeplug' range extender, one end at the router and the other in your room. Something like:
amazon.co.uk/TL-…4EN
Don't bother with the ones that just relay wifi to wifi, they just muddy up the traffic. The homeplug method can perform almost like a piece of LAN cable. I reckon you'll be pleased enough with the result so as not to bother with a separate account. I used this solution for a year till I hard wired it and performance was 80% as good as being near the main router.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions