Groups

Got wheel clamped last night....anyone know if those template refund letters work?

I've had a quick google and noticed there are several companies offering a template letter that guarantees you a refund. I'm thinking this is probably a scam though and on top of last night's relese fee don't want to pay an extra £15 for a template letter if they don't work.

5 Comments

check MSE site, good advice there.

Original Poster

Thanks I'll go and check it out

pepipoo.com will give you all the information you need for free. There is a 99% chance you will have to take the clampers and the landowners to court to get the money back.

Original Poster

peodude

www.pepipoo.com will give you all the information you need for free. … www.pepipoo.com will give you all the information you need for free. There is a 99% chance you will have to take the clampers and the landowners to court to get the money back.

thanks....not worth taking them to court as to be fair I was parked where I shouldn't be. It's the back of a very small shopping centre bit and there's a handful of parking spaces there for the shops staff and also a layby with 2 spaces for customers of travis perkins and then the road which has a yellow line. Even though it looks like a public road, it's clearly marked on the signs it's a private road and wheel clamping is in operation but it was 10 at night when I parked there and all the shops were long since closed and they don't have night access or anything to the shops so thought it would be ok especially as other people always park there every night. Not known anyone to be clamped there before. I've been parking there at night for 2 1/2 years Annoying as my friend lives right next door and there is nowhere at all near her to park except a couple of pub carparks which also clamp. The nearest legitimate place to park means walking down 2 dark alleyways, past a pub and through a shopping precinct on my own and considering i was leaving at half 1 not the safest thing to do where I live. Heyho it's what I'll have to do in future though.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work77
      2. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate1317
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4522113
      4. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…26119

See more discussions