Groups

Got Zavvi Vouchers?

well you may have them for a while, went in today they had a notice on entry, no refunds, no payment with gift vouchers

Unlucky to anyone with them, thing is, in the back of my store, there is a virgin mobile stand giving zavvi gift vouchers when you buy selected phones

3 Comments

Is that legal I wonder? you buy gift vouchers which promise to pay the bearer as money but in only that store.......If its legal I can see the market for gift vouchers expiring in future!

Wonder what the trading standards view is on that?

Just noticed this posted on another thread off the Zavvi Website:

Q: I have a Zavvi gift voucher, can I redeem it?

It is expected that all customers who purchased zavvi gift vouchers from zavvi stores from 27 November 2008 will receive a full refund in respect of the unredeemed value of the gift vouchers. Unfortunately, it is not possible for vouchers to be redeemed in stores.

But a full fefund is offered if you send them here:

zavvi Vouchers
    c/o The Joint Administrators of zavvi Group
    Ernst & Young LLP
    100 Barbirolli Square
    Manchester
    M2 3EY

:santa:

Tallywadger;3863217

Is that legal I wonder? you buy gift vouchers which promise to pay the … Is that legal I wonder? you buy gift vouchers which promise to pay the bearer as money but in only that store.......If its legal I can see the market for gift vouchers expiring in future!Wonder what the trading standards view is on that?

It is, regrettably, legal. The stores have been told not to take them by the administrator. They also won't take cheques and Amex any more. . .
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you use a case on your iPhone?1111
      2. CEX return/exchange at different store11
      3. Three connection11
      4. Buy back on Euros to £££45

See more discussions