Expired

Government analysis of post-Brexit impact on UK regions

Found 8th Feb
Just caught this on Sky midnight news. They released the leaked details of the prospective impact of various EU exit strategies upon regions within the UK.

The full regional breakdown is as follows:

London:

:: less than 1% drop in GDP (EEA membership)
:: 5% drop in GDP (free trade agreement)
:: 8% drop in GDP (WTO terms)

South West:

:: 1%
:: 2%
:: 5%

Yorkshire/Humber:

:: 1.5%
:: 4.5%
:: 7%

South East:

:: 7%

East of England:

:: 8%

East Midlands:

Scotland:

:: 2.5%
:: 6%
:: 9%

Wales:

:: 9%

North West:

:: 12%

Northern Ireland:

:: 12%

West Midlands:

:: 13%

North East:

:: 3.5%
:: 11%
:: 16%
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Fiddling figures for sure. I saw the negative report yesterday on ITV when the scare tactic was broadcast. They picked on two of the highest leave vote regions to suggest that they could, possibly, might suffer a hit maybe because of Brexit.
Someone will I’ll arrive on here soon enough and question why we don’t believe the expert analysis of the negative remoaner camp.
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 8th Feb
81 Comments
Original Poster
Thought this would give certain members a spring in their step this fine morning - Be still my beating heart.

Challenges undoubtedly lie ahead, but don't lose too much sleep. Please remember that similar devastating analysis was circulated in respect of the impact if we failed to enter the Euro in the lead up to the launch in January 1999. I am sure pro and anti EU exit supporters can at least agree that things didn't work out too bad for us with regard to that decision. The City and business community flourished, as did a large proportion of the UK population.
Thanks Saturn

The agenda is clear and the motive is obvious for those who promote the negative press.

Laura Kuennesberg
Important to note forecasts are for a fifteen year period - and predict how much more slowly the economy would grow, not how much it would shrink

Fiddling figures for sure. I saw the negative report yesterday on ITV when the scare tactic was broadcast. They picked on two of the highest leave vote regions to suggest that they could, possibly, might suffer a hit maybe because of Brexit.
Someone will I’ll arrive on here soon enough and question why we don’t believe the expert analysis of the negative remoaner camp.
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 8th Feb
None of this is surprising. In fact it's been repeated time and time again.

What's interesting is that the government knows this and buried these reports because they didn't want the public to know.

This isn't project fear from the government. This is the government trying, and failing, to deceive the public about the potential economic fallout of their actions.

Yet brexiters don't care about the government lying to them or hiding information from them because they're largely unpatriotic individuals.
Predikuesi1 h, 6 m ago

Fiddling figures for sure. I saw the negative report yesterday on ITV …Fiddling figures for sure. I saw the negative report yesterday on ITV when the scare tactic was broadcast. They picked on two of the highest leave vote regions to suggest that they could, possibly, might suffer a hit maybe because of Brexit. Someone will I’ll arrive on here soon enough and question why we don’t believe the expert analysis of the negative remoaner camp.

Except these are the government's own figures and they tried to conceal them from you. Did you even think to ask why?
Not too bad all things concidered.
Might help to do half an hour of quality research (internet or text books) on what is GDP, what makes good GDP and what makes bad GDP, which is what I just did.

Also read up that GDP is an economic indicator (national), therefore, a very crude personal finance indicator and quality of life for any specfic individual.

Folks will find it near impossible to relate GDP to retail price index and impossible to a personal basket of purchasing power.
Oh no not another Brexit thread! Oh wait it's Saturn posting it.
But it's the same bad news? Yes but we don't look too deeply into these things.
It's a government conspiracy to distort things! Er... fiddle the figures to itself?
This is just designed to scare people! But this this was leaked, the government were trying to hide it...
Predictions, forecasts etc……Nuff said
freakstyler3 m ago

I predict there is a gross domestic posting growth in brexit threads till Christmas 2019, and then growth declines to 2025.
Cr0m6 m ago

Oh no not another Brexit thread! Oh wait it's Saturn posting it. But it's …Oh no not another Brexit thread! Oh wait it's Saturn posting it. But it's the same bad news? Yes but we don't look too deeply into these things.It's a government conspiracy to distort things! Er... fiddle the figures to itself?This is just designed to scare people! But this this was leaked, the government were trying to hide it...

123thisisme20 m ago

Not too bad all things concidered.

If only someone could consider all things for you and I.
freakstyler8 m ago

Pretty much the only way to do it without a time machine.
freakstyler8 m ago

Do you make a budget based on your expected earnings Vs your income? Ever had a mortgage?
Were you similarly dismissive of forecasts on these instances?
CoeK4 m ago

There is another way, money back guarantee for salary or consultancy fees if prediction turned out to be more than 25% out. This is called quality of performance indicator, payment on performance.
Edited by: "splender" 8th Feb
davewave2 h, 30 m ago

Thanks SaturnThe agenda is clear and the motive is obvious for those who …Thanks SaturnThe agenda is clear and the motive is obvious for those who promote the negative press.Laura KuennesbergImportant to note forecasts are for a fifteen year period - and predict how much more slowly the economy would grow, not how much it would shrink

Thanks Dave.

Fresh from the intellectual triumph of your 'big pizzas are better value then smaller ones',thread you're now making accusations and providing evidence that refutes them in the same post
Edited by: "Cr0m" 8th Feb
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals46 m ago

Except these are the government's own figures and they tried to conceal …Except these are the government's own figures and they tried to conceal them from you. Did you even think to ask why?

Funny how they get leaked, Almost like reverse psychology going on ;). If we happen to leak a document it might make it all sound more convincing.

Of course their is no bias and of course they can predict the future that hasn't happened yet etc...

One thing for sure, If we Brexit we have to 100% leave the common market, No point otherwise. It's important we have the ability to negotiate our own trade deals.
Predikuesi1 h, 53 m ago

Fiddling figures for sure. I saw the negative report yesterday on ITV …Fiddling figures for sure. I saw the negative report yesterday on ITV when the scare tactic was broadcast. They picked on two of the highest leave vote regions to suggest that they could, possibly, might suffer a hit maybe because of Brexit. Someone will I’ll arrive on here soon enough and question why we don’t believe the expert analysis of the negative remoaner camp.

Is that for sure in the same way as your misunderstanding of copyright law as I just read in another thread?
Saturn I'm rather disappointed, Our friend HEAWDs posted a similar thread the other day, Almost like he wrote the leaked document himself .
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals14 m ago

Do you make a budget based on your expected earnings Vs your income? Ever …Do you make a budget based on your expected earnings Vs your income? Ever had a mortgage?Were you similarly dismissive of forecasts on these instances?

1: No

2: No

3: N/A
This is so sad and abusive for the poor souls suffering with Brussels syndrome (a derivative of Stockholm syndrome whereby victims misguidedly come to believe their captors are there saviours en.wikipedia.org/wik…ome).
.MUFC.8 m ago

Funny how they get leaked, Almost like reverse psychology going on ;). If …Funny how they get leaked, Almost like reverse psychology going on ;). If we happen to leak a document it might make it all sound more convincing. Of course their is no bias and of course they can predict the future that hasn't happened yet etc... One thing for sure, If we Brexit we have to 100% leave the common market, No point otherwise. It's important we have the ability to negotiate our own trade deals.

They don't need reverse psychology. You've been told you'll be worse off and most sensible people realise that.

This isn't just guessing the future either. It's using economic models based on existing evidence to make educated predictions about what is likely to happen, the same way a bank does when it decides whether to accept or refuse your mortgage application.

Just ask yourself this though. Why aren't brexit supporters touting the increase in our GDP that they models predict? And why did Boris Johnson go from saying we could spend £350 million extra per week on the NHS to asking last year for us to spend £5 billion extra per year instead on it?
freakstyler2 m ago

1: No 2: No 3: N/A

I'm shocked.
.MUFC.10 m ago

Of course their is no bias and of course they can predict the future that …Of course their is no bias and of course they can predict the future that hasn't happened yet etc...

Is there a different kind of future?
splender15 m ago

There is another way, money back guarantee for salary or consultancy fees …There is another way, money back guarantee for salary or consultancy fees if prediction turned out to be more than 25% out. This is called quality of performance indicator, payment on performance.

Still forecasts and predictions, only difference is now you are reducing their fee when they are wrong.
ccnp5 m ago

This is so sad and abusive for the poor souls suffering with Brussels …This is so sad and abusive for the poor souls suffering with Brussels syndrome (a derivative of Stockholm syndrome whereby victims misguidedly come to believe their captors are there saviours https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome).

I'm glad you linked to stockholm syndrome, i'm sure many of us here have never heard of this well known condition used in countless TV shows and movies.
CoeK6 m ago

Is there a different kind of future?

Well, I watched a program about space time and apparently their may be alternative futures, dimensions etc.. So yes I guess so
Edited by: ".MUFC." 8th Feb
.MUFC.1 m ago

Well, I watched a program about space time and apparently their may be …Well, I watched a program about space time and apparently their may be alternative futures, dimensions etc.. So yes I guess so

I hope in one of these universes i'm married to Karen Gillan.
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals12 m ago

They don't need reverse psychology. You've been told you'll be worse off …They don't need reverse psychology. You've been told you'll be worse off and most sensible people realise that. This isn't just guessing the future either. It's using economic models based on existing evidence to make educated predictions about what is likely to happen, the same way a bank does when it decides whether to accept or refuse your mortgage application.Just ask yourself this though. Why aren't brexit supporters touting the increase in our GDP that they models predict? And why did Boris Johnson go from saying we could spend £350 million extra per week on the NHS to asking last year for us to spend £5 billion extra per year instead on it?

We may or may not be slightly worse off initially, Until we get our trade deals all sorted etc... The world is vast, at least we'll be taking back control, We'll have our Country back etc... That's worth any short term loss. We'll ride it out providing we leave the common market.
CoeK4 m ago

I hope in one of these universes i'm married to Karen Gillan.

Since their are endless different scenarios that could be a distinct possibility!.
.MUFC.2 m ago

We may or may not be slightly worse off initially, Until we get our trade …We may or may not be slightly worse off initially, Until we get our trade deals all sorted etc... The world is vast, at least we'll be taking back control, We'll have our Country back etc... That's worth any short term loss. We'll ride it out providing we leave the common market.

I think you'll win HEAWD over with the taking our country back line
CoeK3 m ago

I think you'll win HEAWD over with the taking our country back line

That predictable?, This thread will go the same way as any other Brexit thread, I can probably safely make that prediction and be correct .
Leaving the EU was never going to be pain-free. These are all predictions and forecasts leaked by pro-EU elements within government trying their best to stop or soften brexit and should be taken with a large pinch of salt. The doom and gloom predicted on a Leave win never exactly happened………….
freakstyler2 m ago

Leaving the EU was never going to be pain-free. These are all predictions …Leaving the EU was never going to be pain-free. These are all predictions and forecasts leaked by pro-EU elements within government trying their best to stop or soften brexit and should be taken with a large pinch of salt. The doom and gloom predicted on a Leave win never exactly happened………….

I'm amazed they have the time with keeping the fake moon landing quiet and sacrificing babies to their goddess.
CoeK2 m ago

I'm amazed they have the time with keeping the fake moon landing quiet and …I'm amazed they have the time with keeping the fake moon landing quiet and sacrificing babies to their goddess.

I sadly suspect there is an element of truth to the latter part of your comment . . . .
freakstyler1 m ago

I sadly suspect there is an element of truth to the latter part of your …I sadly suspect there is an element of truth to the latter part of your comment . . . .

I don't doubt you suspect that.
CoeK22 m ago

I'm glad you linked to stockholm syndrome, i'm sure many of us here have …I'm glad you linked to stockholm syndrome, i'm sure many of us here have never heard of this well known condition used in countless TV shows and movies.

I like an analogy with Tourette's synrome
, the analogy is , "EU Syndrome is a common neuropsychological disorder with onset in EU Referendum, characterised by multiple mental tics and at least one vocal tic in a specific topic. Patients may swear and curse at the sight of others.

Symptoms of tics are blinking, eye rolling, grimacing...etc.

Patients exhibit behaviour:
  • antisocial behaviour
  • flying into sudden rages
  • inappropriate behaviour
Cr0m44 m ago

Is that for sure in the same way as your misunderstanding of copyright law …Is that for sure in the same way as your misunderstanding of copyright law as I just read in another thread?

33223077-RYl5q.jpg
Original Poster
CoeK1 h, 4 m ago

This thread provides irrefutable evidence ..... of time travel by posting the 1st comment nearly 6 hours before the thread was created.

Government analysis of post-Brexit impact on UK regions

Saturn38
Found 3 h, 33 m ago

SaturnOriginal Poster
9 h, 30 m ago
Predikuesi26 m ago

[Image]

You should be asking yourself that.

Also maybe ask yourself how the news should have presented that story, choose the lowest figures? That would be more misleading wouldn't it?
They went for the most 'newsworthy' line, that's all. Unless you're a tabloid newspaper Stop saying stuff like there's a conspiracy, it just makes you look barmy.
Saturn19 m ago

This thread provides irrefutable evidence ..... of time travel by posting …This thread provides irrefutable evidence ..... of time travel by posting the 1st comment nearly 6 hours before the thread was created.Government analysis of post-Brexit impact on UK regions[Image] Saturn38Found 3 h, 33 m agoSaturnOriginal Poster9 h, 30 m ago

Oh aye so it does. Can you maybe go tell us how brexit works out and come back? Feel free to get me the lottery numbers too.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants