government Introduce compensation for misleading people to buy diesel cars

Found 5th Jan
petition.parliament.uk/pet…104

hi can you guys fill in the above if you have a diesel car for the government to pay as compensation

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
Top comments

Compensation Britain
Not signing either
Edited by: "Bradleigh" 5th Jan
24 Comments

7 signatures. Wow.

Compensation Britain
Not signing either

The current petition does read like wishful thinking and pure disappointment at the way things have turned out. It's not the government's responsibility to stop you being disappointed or provide guarantees that their advice is valid long term.

If you want to make a sensible case that the government was at fault then you need to:

- gather evidence of the way diesel was promoted
- provide examples that show a diesel car was a poor purchase based on information known at the time of purchase.
- and ideally, show that the person responsible knew or should reasonably have known that this was a poor recommendation to be making.

The first two will be sufficient for this to get looked into, but unless there's some evidence suggesting the third then it's not going to be considered a fault that needs to be put right.

Bradleigh54 m ago

Componsation Britain (skeptical)Not signing either

Yeah! "Componsation Britain"

lol

Diesel is a by product of refining oil, when demand drops as the governent puts people of buying diesel cars, so will the pro e as they do.l still need and wantto sell surplus diesel, soon enough diesel will be cheaper than petrol.
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 5th Jan

Where do you think the compensation would come from?

Do you want a petition for the things the Govt has got right and that benefited you?

Pathetic

I bought diesel as it was cheaper to run than petrol, I didn't care about pollution

jb6610 m ago

I bought diesel as it was cheaper to run than petrol, I didn't care about …I bought diesel as it was cheaper to run than petrol, I didn't care about pollution

Same here for me, my diesel car is much cheaper to run than a new petrol by about 20-30 mpg (actual not advertised

Why should the government pay because you were misold a product? Take the company to court for your compensation, not the tax payer!

ipswich781 h, 34 m ago

Yeah! "Componsation Britain"

Yeah predictive text .... Yawn

So you want recompense for your buying decisions right, wonder if I can get one for buying a Betamax video recorder or the engagement ring for the bunny boiler?

Also which pot would you like this compo to come out of ? Defence, NHS, Education or is it one of them Tax the Rich jobs.

benrobertsno13 h, 52 m ago

7 signatures. Wow.

3 hours 47 mins later it's now up to 8! At current rate it the petition will realise the necessary 10,000 signatures for a Government response on 29 April 2022! By then official advice will probably to buy diesel cars again!
Edited by: "Van1973" 5th Jan

The petition sounds like it was written by a 9 year old....

I can never see it happening and the only possible outcome if it were to go through would be that the tax payer would end up having to pay. I mean where does the op think the government get their money???? The *insert rude word here* people who make claims from government organisations just raise taxes for all of us, because it has to be covered somehow. Even if you make a claim against a government organisation and lose it will still cost the tax payer money as there are costs to handle and defend stupid claims too.

Has any of those petitions ever been debated and voted on in the house of commons by MP's. The answer is a big NO. A big waste of tax payers money, but it does make the public think that they are listening to your views.

ccnp4 h, 3 m ago

Do you want a petition for the things the Govt has got right and that …Do you want a petition for the things the Govt has got right and that benefited you?Pathetic

I would pay to see that petition TBH.

'I think we should get money for this.'

Well, I'm convinced!

Bradleigh4 h, 29 m ago

Yeah predictive text .... Yawn

Predicting a word that doesn't work exist??

webtrawler1 h, 22 m ago

Has any of those petitions ever been debated and voted on in the house of …Has any of those petitions ever been debated and voted on in the house of commons by MP's.

I believe the sugar tax one was. I suspect there are others too, but a lot of the petitions are either explicitly contrary to government policy (100,000 signatures is a tiny minority of the ~33,000,000 who voted in the general election) or unfeasible.

It seems like it's best used to show there would be public support for ideas that aren't a part of current government policy one way or another.

petition.parliament.uk/pet…ted
petition.parliament.uk/pet…ate

ipswich7816 m ago

Predicting a word that doesn't work exist??

You are boring me trying to be the grammar police , but hey .... At least you found it funny

tbf when i was growing up, we was told numerous times diesel cars are cheaper and better for environment,

lol like we was told, don't get a job, go too uni and get a job, plenty of jobs if i go uni, lol there should of said be a plumber, electrician, or gas 😁

kind of like shops saying get 4k tv with hdr, but before you no it, there be telling you to get the next big thing
Edited by: "jonmarz89" 5th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants