Government text?

Posted 24th Mar
Anyone had a government text, I think it's a scam, asking for a colleague
Community Updates
Ask
27 Comments
I received one - going to everyone today
GOV.UK CORONAVIRUS ALERT
New rules in force now: you must stay at home. More info & exemptions at gov.uk/cor…rus Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.
Just received. Disappointed it didn't play an "air raid" siren sound upon opening though...
40175543-2jB5n.jpg
Just got mine
Got mine around 9am, people still going outside, maybe for essentials but taking kids too; doesn't feel like a lockdown. There's even an elderly couple with their dog in the park.
Some people don’t seem too understand what’s coming !
andyanddiane24/03/2020 11:21

Some people don’t seem too understand what’s coming !

Yes and this is the government appealing to the common sense of the nation. If people don't take heed they will put us into full lockdown within a few weeks.

It's better we just do as we're being told.
Received and deleted.
Sherbat24/03/2020 11:14

Got mine around 9am, people still going outside, maybe for essentials but …Got mine around 9am, people still going outside, maybe for essentials but taking kids too; doesn't feel like a lockdown. There's even an elderly couple with their dog in the park.

Some people will still need to take the kids with them if they are a single parent as still against the law to leave a minor home alone...my son is high risk and I will still need to take him out with myself to buy essentials to eat due to not allowed to have other family members at another families household now!
2 families kids playing out the front and now my sons upset he cant go out to play
"Anyone had a government text, I think it's a scam, asking for a colleague"

Nope not a scam there's definitely a pandemic in full swing.
Mich8ll824/03/2020 11:40

Some people will still need to take the kids with them if they are a …Some people will still need to take the kids with them if they are a single parent as still against the law to leave a minor home alone...my son is high risk and I will still need to take him out with myself to buy essentials to eat due to not allowed to have other family members at another families household now!

Fair point, shouldn't judge. Can't a family member drop your shopping off at the doorstep? I doubt the police will jump out of the bush to hand them a fine. I've seen people doing that already for their elderly parents on my street.
Not had a Gov one as yet but I have had an NHS one advising to follow Gov advice and stay at home.
Sherbat24/03/2020 12:07

Fair point, shouldn't judge. Can't a family member drop your shopping off …Fair point, shouldn't judge. Can't a family member drop your shopping off at the doorstep? I doubt the police will jump out of the bush to hand them a fine. I've seen people doing that already for their elderly parents on my street.

Where are the police going to appear from? They can't turn up for days/weeks when real crimes have been committed. I've not seen a copper on any beat near me for years.

They simply don't exist
Sherbat24/03/2020 12:07

Fair point, shouldn't judge. Can't a family member drop your shopping off …Fair point, shouldn't judge. Can't a family member drop your shopping off at the doorstep? I doubt the police will jump out of the bush to hand them a fine. I've seen people doing that already for their elderly parents on my street.

That’s the thing...everyone I would rely on to help out with my son is all high risk...his dad...nana...gran so makes this situation slightly difficult for myself...I’m just grateful to have a car where I know taking my son out is slightly better when shielding in a car...it’s having to take him into shops when some people still think this isn’t serious and have no social distance skills but my doc did say yesterday that we still have to eat through this and to be extra viligant when out with my son so nothing else for it I suppose!
Gollywood24/03/2020 12:17

Where are the police going to appear from? They can't turn up for …Where are the police going to appear from? They can't turn up for days/weeks when real crimes have been committed. I've not seen a copper on any beat near me for years.They simply don't exist

Must be living in a nice area. Only last week was told off by a copper in Tescos for holding up the self checkout queue because I was daydreaming about eating pasta.

But yeah enforcing this lockdown realistically for them will be a lot of time expenditure which they can't afford to do. Army will be brought in no doubt.

Mich8ll824/03/2020 12:19

That’s the thing...everyone I would rely on to help out with my son is all …That’s the thing...everyone I would rely on to help out with my son is all high risk...his dad...nana...gran so makes this situation slightly difficult for myself...I’m just grateful to have a car where I know taking my son out is slightly better when shielding in a car...it’s having to take him into shops when some people still think this isn’t serious and have no social distance skills but my doc did say yesterday that we still have to eat through this and to be extra viligant when out with my son so nothing else for it I suppose!

That must be tough, sorry to read that. Regarding social distancing, they say to stay 2m apart but it's impractical in a shop or even on the narrow pavements on the high street. You can't even queue up with an arms length between one another in my Tescos. Hate going there. I hope you and your family stay safe.
Edited by: "Sherbat" 24th Mar
Sherbat24/03/2020 12:25

Must be living in a nice area. Only last week was told off by a copper in …Must be living in a nice area. Only last week was told off by a copper in Tescos for holding up the self checkout queue because I was daydreaming about eating pasta. But yeah enforcing this lockdown realistically for them will be a lot of time expenditure which they can't afford to do. Army will be brought in no doubt.

Nice area? I wish!
40176253-WnbsP.jpg

I received and deleted. Don't click on the links!

Easy enough to type gov.uk/cor…rus directly into browser myself.
Edited by: "splender" 24th Mar
No text here from either the NHS or the Government.

Seemed to plenty of people out and about on foot this morning. Some did look like they were going to work (have the hospital at the top of my road), others were walking dogs etc. At least anyone I ran past did give a wide bearth unlike the supermarkets where half the people seem to be trying to walk into you.

Traffic not a lot less than normal considering no schools, no shops open etc.

Quieter now looking out my window.

Can see some sort of curfew coming into force, if not martial law in London, where they're obviously as thick as s&*t.

Added: text just arrived after I typed this.
Still wondering what the priority is as they always seem to put "protect the NHS" first before mentioning people dying.
Edited by: "xenole" 24th Mar
Sherbat24/03/2020 11:14

Got mine around 9am, people still going outside, maybe for essentials but …Got mine around 9am, people still going outside, maybe for essentials but taking kids too; doesn't feel like a lockdown. There's even an elderly couple with their dog in the park.

You're still allowed to go for a walk (or other exercise) once a day.

In terms of gardens, as long as they stay in the gardens and keep their distance, I don't see why kids aren't allowed to play outside. It's stay at home, not in the house.
Edited by: "alg" 24th Mar
xenole24/03/2020 12:40

No text here from either the NHS or the Government.Seemed to plenty of …No text here from either the NHS or the Government.Seemed to plenty of people out and about on foot this morning. Some did look like they were going to work (have the hospital at the top of my road), others were walking dogs etc. At least anyone I ran past did give a wide bearth unlike the supermarkets where half the people seem to be trying to walk into you.Traffic not a lot less than normal considering no schools, no shops open etc. Quieter now looking out my window.Can see some sort of curfew coming into force, if not martial law in London, where they're obviously as thick as s&*t.Added: text just arrived after I typed this.Still wondering what the priority is as they always seem to put "protect the NHS" first before mentioning people dying.

Because without a proper & fully functioning NHS, we are all in the
notalwaysright1924/03/2020 11:30

Yes and this is the government appealing to the common sense of the …Yes and this is the government appealing to the common sense of the nation. If people don't take heed they will put us into full lockdown within a few weeks.It's better we just do as we're being told.

Sooner the better for all our sakes we shopped last sat an not Intending too be out for 3 4 weeks at least
Edited by: "andyanddiane" 24th Mar
sd1324/03/2020 11:45

2 families kids playing out the front and now my sons upset he cant go out …2 families kids playing out the front and now my sons upset he cant go out to play

That’s awful they Are so silly sing that
sd1324/03/2020 11:45

2 families kids playing out the front and now my sons upset he cant go out …2 families kids playing out the front and now my sons upset he cant go out to play

Sounds like their parents are smart.
All government communication is a scam though surely?
I’m Not deleting mine it will be a collector’s time in years to come
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants