Governments in 30 countries are paying 'keyboard armies' to spread propaganda, report says

Found 14th Nov 2017Edited by:"david_wavid"
telegraph.co.uk/tec…da/

Interesting article on today's telegraph. Surely this cant be true?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
We do the same. We called them media.
19 Comments
We do the same. We called them media.
The list of '30 countries' is unsurprising.

Azerbaijan
Bahrain
Belarus
China
Cuba
Ecuador
Egypt
Ethiopia
The Gambia
Iran
Kazakhstan
Kenya
Kyrgyzstan
Malaysia
Mexico
Morocco
Myanmar
Philippines
Russia
Rwanda
Saudi Arabia
Sudan
Syria
Thailand
Turkey
Ukraine
United Arab Emirates
Uzebkistan
Venezuela
Vietnam
Edited by: "davewave" 14th Nov 2017
Theresa May says Russia has medaled in our elections. Its a bit late to say something like that love.

6 months after the election (lol).
Edited by: "david_wavid" 14th Nov 2017
david_wavid3 m ago

Theresa May says Russia has medaled in our elections. Its a bit late to …Theresa May says Russia has medaled in our elections. Its a bit late to say something like that love. 6 months after the election (lol).

Which election, Russia aimed to get Theresa May in power?
Look at Misc, lots of news stories posted to try and provide a version of current events for those who do not use "news" services else where.
davewave1 h, 59 m ago

The list of '30 countries' is …The list of '30 countries' is unsurprising.AzerbaijanBahrainBelarusChinaCubaEcuadorEgyptEthiopiaThe GambiaIranKazakhstanKenyaKyrgyzstanMalaysiaMexicoMoroccoMyanmarPhilippinesRussiaRwandaSaudi ArabiaSudanSyriaThailandTurkeyUkraineUnited Arab EmiratesUzebkistanVenezuelaVietnam

Reassuring that none of the western countries would never do anything dubious or immoral innit .
More interesting than the article is the comment by Aaron Lowe 14 Nov 2017 3:01PM

The UK is one of the leaders in this field and has been since the world wars. WW2 was partly won due to an effective propaganda machine. Do you really think they just shut it down afterwards?

The NSA is probably the most effective propaganda machine in the world. It has the greatest powers and the furthest reach. With GCHQ, the NSA is able to record 100% of all communication using technology for the whole of the UK and the USA and most of the rest of the world.

Every second of every call, every frame of every CCTV camera (connected to a computer), every text and every email (whether decrypted or not) is all syphoned up into a massive database that they can utilise for any means, including the manipulation of world events. They can even eavesdrop via TVs, mobiles and, can you believe it, some vibrators. Women - think the inside of your vagina is private? It's not any more. A major manufacturer was caught hacking into them just yesterday. NSA do this automatically to all reachable tech, whether airgapped or not.

Bill Maher a few weeks back mentioned a Russian troll army still fighting the cold war...

Edited by: "Pink_Yoshi_Rebel_Army" 14th Nov 2017
Didn't know the Misc Brexiteers were paid to spout their rheotoric.
Destard1 h, 50 m ago

No, they were bought much, much more cheaply.
Edited by: "VDisillusioned" 14th Nov 2017
plodging1 h, 44 m ago

Reassuring that none of the western countries would never do anything …Reassuring that none of the western countries would never do anything dubious or immoral innit .

innit
FearOne3 h, 4 m ago

More interesting than the article is the comment by Aaron Lowe 14 Nov 2017 …More interesting than the article is the comment by Aaron Lowe 14 Nov 2017 3:01PMThe UK is one of the leaders in this field and has been since the world wars. WW2 was partly won due to an effective propaganda machine. Do you really think they just shut it down afterwards?The NSA is probably the most effective propaganda machine in the world. It has the greatest powers and the furthest reach. With GCHQ, the NSA is able to record 100% of all communication using technology for the whole of the UK and the USA and most of the rest of the world.Every second of every call, every frame of every CCTV camera (connected to a computer), every text and every email (whether decrypted or not) is all syphoned up into a massive database that they can utilise for any means, including the manipulation of world events. They can even eavesdrop via TVs, mobiles and, can you believe it, some vibrators. Women - think the inside of your vagina is private? It's not any more. A major manufacturer was caught hacking into them just yesterday. NSA do this automatically to all reachable tech, whether airgapped or not.

Winning ww2 was a good or bad use of propaganda?...irrespective do you honestly think it was down to propaganda that the allies won the war, lives lost remembered on Sunday but quickly forgotten by a selfish fool called Aaron spouting nonsense!
Destard2 h, 53 m ago

What precisely do you mean?
VDisillusioned2 h, 47 m ago

No, they were bought much, much more cheaply.

Who are you hoping to attack now?
I see you've met davewave then
this i why i get all my news via R.T.
LOL, UK and USA not on the list!!!!!

Dummy under the bus.
I just get my news from a reputable provider... The Daily Mail

Only joking, I meant to say Sunday Sport.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants