GOV.UK "Covid-19 tests"

Posted 23rd AprEdited by:"Slavek_El"
gov.uk/gov…oms

Coronavirus testing extended to ALL essential workers in England who have symptoms.
🧫⚗️🥽🧪🧬
(apply online from 24.04.2020)

All essential workers in England and members of their households who are showing symptoms of coronavirus will now be able to get tested.

Published 23 April 2020
  • The biggest widening of access to coronavirus testing made possible due to substantially increased testing capacity
  • Essential workers with coronavirus symptoms can get tested, helping them return to work if test is negative
  • Broad range of testing methods being rolled-out to increase accessibility, including home testing kits, mobile testing sites and satellite testing kits
  • New campaign to provide clear information for essential workers on how to get a test
Community Updates
GOV.UK DealsMisc

Groups

Top comments
your user name
The test is only for if you currently have it. People are helping the government hit their targets with no real benefit to anyone
MR112323/04/2020 21:14

If you called NHS line and ask for one, you will find it's correct.

So all the NHS staff not getting tested it’s their own fault they should have just rang up and got one?

People I’ve spoke to rang the NHS with symptoms and were told to self isolate.

Where’s your proof?
MR112323/04/2020 22:34

Yes they have changed it recently but wasn't the case in the beginning.

Since the weekend? As that's when they were sent home with strong symptoms and no test? That's not the beginning you're talking absolute rubbish as confirmed by multiple people.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 23rd Apr
66 Comments
What an innovation

The wheel next ?
Who has symtoms it's been available for everyone who has symptoms since the beginning.
MR112323/04/2020 21:05

Who has symtoms it's been available for everyone who has …Who has symtoms it's been available for everyone who has symptoms since the beginning.

I don’t think that’s correct
winzzz23/04/2020 21:11

I don’t think that’s correct

So all the NHS staff not getting tested it’s their own fault they should have just rang up and got one?

People I’ve spoke to rang the NHS with symptoms and were told to self isolate.

Where’s your proof?
winzzz23/04/2020 21:47

So all the NHS staff not getting tested it’s their own fault they should h …So all the NHS staff not getting tested it’s their own fault they should have just rang up and got one?People I’ve spoke to rang the NHS with symptoms and were told to self isolate. Where’s your proof?

You are incorrect and as there's procedure that you don't know of and your quick to jump in without knowing anything but thinking you know it all so go do one and find out yourself.
MR112323/04/2020 22:03

You are incorrect and as there's procedure that you don't know of and your …You are incorrect and as there's procedure that you don't know of and your quick to jump in without knowing anything but thinking you know it all so go do one and find out yourself.

I’m asking you as you seem to know

Are you talking 111, if that’s the case they won’t test you unless you Go to hospital and only if they do the other checks and suspect you have the virus. Had three family and friend in various parts of the country who have been told the same thing, That has been policy since the beginning, the extra tests have came in in waves since.
Edited by: "eslick" 23rd Apr

No it isn't, I know someone who attended hospital (as recommended by calling 111) with fairly bad symptoms and was told to rest it out at home and keep an eye on it as unless it was serious enough to need a ward stay they weren't testing and that was within the last week
Key workers tests, hmm employer test,morals test. Define a key worker. Emergency services, food and medical supplies yes. Others!!
dcx_badass23/04/2020 22:19

No it isn't, I know someone who attended hospital (as recommended by …No it isn't, I know someone who attended hospital (as recommended by calling 111) with fairly bad symptoms and was told to rest it out at home and keep an eye on it as unless it was serious enough to need a ward stay they weren't testing and that was within the last week

Since the weekend? As that's when they were sent home with strong symptoms and no test? That's not the beginning you're talking absolute rubbish as confirmed by multiple people.

Who has symtoms it's been available for everyone who has …Who has symtoms it's been available for everyone who has symptoms since the beginning.

A link would be good first I have heard of this

even if if was true why do we not know ? calling utter BS

So why post the BS ?

You said, "Who has symtoms it's been available for everyone who has symptoms since the beginning."

The coronavirus test was available after assessment/triage. The test was not available "for everyone" who has symptoms. Because, in this NHS document, it details who gets test and who does not.

england.nhs.uk/pub…ds/

Because it is not available to everyone, that's why there is outcry from many quarters asking for "test, more test, and test again". And the government has promised to increase this availability (by means of expansion on capacity and accessibility).

Only if hospitalised.

your user name
If you dont have symptoms id just stay away if its a place you have to visit, the tester could spread it to you
Edited by: "Mark_Hickman" 24th Apr
Doesn't bode well.

40521010-dhf4a.jpg
40521013-DcdWa.jpgHmm.
I applied at 07:00 this morning and got an acceptance message saying i would get a text to arrange an appointment within a few mins and that was 3 hours ago.

Im actually suprised the site didnt crash earlier!
The test is only for if you currently have it. People are helping the government hit their targets with no real benefit to anyone

No it's not, as I tried and they said no
This is only for staff who either are off work because they have symptoms or off work because family have symptoms.
The idea is to get you back to work if it’s negative for the virus
Gemmzie24/04/2020 10:07

The test is only for if you currently have it. People are helping the …The test is only for if you currently have it. People are helping the government hit their targets with no real benefit to anyone

But if you knew you currently had it why would you need the test?

The test is only for if you currently have it. People are helping the …The test is only for if you currently have it. People are helping the government hit their targets with no real benefit to anyone

Proof of this?
dufflecoat_moon_turkey24/04/2020 10:39

But if you knew you currently had it why would you need the test?

No people who have symptoms they meant
Edited by: "Mark_Hickman" 24th Apr
Just the Government harvesting everyones DNA, nothing to see here
Only for key workers in England?
phatbear24/04/2020 10:05

I applied at 07:00 this morning and got an acceptance message saying i …I applied at 07:00 this morning and got an acceptance message saying i would get a text to arrange an appointment within a few mins and that was 3 hours ago.Im actually suprised the site didnt crash earlier!

I applied at 05.30 this morning and no text yet
Website closed due to high demand and will reopen tomorrow where I’m sure the same will happen again.

Coronavirus: Online applications for COVID-19 tests temporarily closed due to huge demand news.sky.com/sto…070
jimhuf24/04/2020 11:07

Just the Government harvesting everyones DNA, nothing to see here

And thats an issue because?........

I know someone who had very bad symptoms at the beginning and phoned NHS helpline.
They asked her if she had recently been to China or Italy and when she said no was told to self isolate. She asked was it possible to get tested and was told no.
habylab24/04/2020 10:40

Proof of this?

They stated last night that the test is for those with symptoms. Its not an antibody test
useless need the antibody test because i believe i had it a couple of months ago before the lockdown.

No, its was only for those that where admitted to hospital. Not people at home self isolating.
Bandicoot23/04/2020 22:22

Key workers tests, hmm employer test,morals test. Define a key worker. …Key workers tests, hmm employer test,morals test. Define a key worker. Emergency services, food and medical supplies yes. Others!!

Theres a defined list of key worker status
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions