GPS dog tracker

Found 21st Dec 2017
Has anyone ever used a GPS dog tracker?

We would like to look into the possibility of getting one for our labrador and don't know if they are any good.

We are going to Spain on holiday in April and would be good to get him one in case he goes missing when we are there.
Community Updates
AskGroceries
12 Comments
I’ve just ordered one when it arrives I’ll let you know
Why would he go missing? Are you not leaving him with someone responsible enough to know where he is at all times?
I just feed my Alsatian my old iphone 4 I had lying around. He usually 'recycles' it before it needs charging then I charge and repeat.
Adrian.Oldfield18 m ago

I’ve just ordered one when it arrives I’ll let you know

thank you. would be great to hear from someone who has used one as to whether it is any good.
murtgurge3 m ago

I just feed my Alsatian my old iphone 4 I had lying around. He usually …I just feed my Alsatian my old iphone 4 I had lying around. He usually 'recycles' it before it needs charging then I charge and repeat.

on strava, you can track your strava partner, so i have mulled with the idea of putting a smart phone on him and turn strava on. lol

problem will be when he goes into the water for a swim!
takethatfan197812 m ago

Why would he go missing? Are you not leaving him with someone responsible …Why would he go missing? Are you not leaving him with someone responsible enough to know where he is at all times?

he is coming with us to spain.

we walk him off lead and he sometimes wanders off by himself and we call him back with the whistle. he comes back when he hears the whistle but in case he doesn't do so when we are abroad. my husband says that he will keep him on lead most of the time when we are there but it would be nice to let him off lead so he can run free every now and then.
mutley16 m ago

he is coming with us to spain.we walk him off lead and he sometimes …he is coming with us to spain.we walk him off lead and he sometimes wanders off by himself and we call him back with the whistle. he comes back when he hears the whistle but in case he doesn't do so when we are abroad. my husband says that he will keep him on lead most of the time when we are there but it would be nice to let him off lead so he can run free every now and then.

I would use a long line if he doesn’t have a reliable recall

I have two labs who love running free but never let them wander off out of sight
takethatfan19782 h, 2 m ago

I would use a long line if he doesn’t have a reliable recall I have t …I would use a long line if he doesn’t have a reliable recall I have two labs who love running free but never let them wander off out of sight

Haha my two dogs (Shihtzus) have a reliable recall... until they see any other dog and then they go completely deaf!
Moonwolf197620 m ago

Haha my two dogs (Shihtzus) have a reliable recall... until they see any …Haha my two dogs (Shihtzus) have a reliable recall... until they see any other dog and then they go completely deaf!

Lots of consistent training will solve that you need to be the most exciting thing in the world when you’re out

I have spent so much time and effort constantly teaching it with my two labs and it’s definitely worth it
Edited by: "takethatfan1978" 21st Dec 2017
Moonwolf197623 m ago

Haha my two dogs (Shihtzus) have a reliable recall... until they see any …Haha my two dogs (Shihtzus) have a reliable recall... until they see any other dog and then they go completely deaf!

Our labrador has great recall until he sees food
mutley18 h, 29 m ago

Our labrador has great recall until he sees food

That isn’t a great recall then and yes we all know that you think it’s fine for your dog to go and steal someone picnic 🙄
I have looked into this in great detail and can tell you there is no reliable device which will track your dog, subscription or otherwise.
Is you are really worried, buy your dog a harness and sew in a pocket that will take an iPhone, then use “find friends app”. If the dog tends to go in water put the phone in a sealed plastic bag.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants